Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

johnsvh1

One Week Post-Op

Rate this Entry
Today marks the one-week anniversary since the surgery. WOW how much has changed. I had no idea how much better I would be feeling just 7 days after the surgery. The only pain that remains is at my larger incision site, my inability to bend totally over, get up quickly, and some issues with bms.

The pain and uncomfortableness with swallowing has pretty much gone away and I am managing all 10 of the pills and vitamins easily! Is anybody taking ursodiol? I have been three times a day but it has to be spaced around the calcium pills, and the capsule must be broken, so it is a hassle and tastes horrible. Just wondering what other people's method of staying on track and also getting these down since you can't swallow a capsule.

The one kind of scary thing today was that I was hungry...At least I think I was? It was my first day on my own and I decided to give myself a two day errand and TV break before going back to work on Wednesday. I don't think I was hungry out of boredom. That feeling was there most def but also there was the distinct drink water, when do you last eat, hunger test that said I was. I made a protein shake and it subsided but today I finished my creamed soup for the first time. I am just getting nervous that I am going to return to my same level of food capacity too quickly when I get out of the liquid stage! Did other people go through this? What was the lasting outcome? It is making me VERY anxious.

I weighed and since I started the pre-op diet I have lost 20lbs. That was 13 pre-surgery and 7 post. Which is amazing! But, I am also not feeling it, not seeing it, and not feeling that weight watchers scale elatedness. But, I need to remember that I was excited because I worked hard then and I have been working hard now! Only liquids, no alcohol, no Diet Coke! I have not told any of my friends, except 2, that I was having the surgery because people's perception that this was the easy way out. I just need to remember that I don't believe this is an easy way out, that I am working hard, and that it is a tool.

Small steps every day!

Submit "One Week Post-Op" to Digg Submit "One Week Post-Op" to del.icio.us Submit "One Week Post-Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Week Post-Op" to Google

Comments

John, stay positive and follow the rules. Don't get nervous, it's a new start and you will do great. Your skin will love the fact that you are losing slower, it did not come on over night so as long as it is coming off celebrate it!
    Hi! I'm two weeks out and experienced the same thing. I was so scared because I felt hungry almost the whole first week. I was only on clear liquids but once I went to full liquids and puréed I didn't have that hungry feeling. So far I don't necessarily feel "full" it's more of learning when your sleeve has had enough, you're physically unable to eat more. Don't worry, it's totally normal. I think as we progress to more solid foods that hungry feeling will subside. You should have guidelines as to the quantity you should be consuming at one sitting so just stick to that. Right now you are healing so just follow the rules like Teriona said and make sure you're getting enough protein!