Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

It's been a year...it went by fast.

Rate this Entry
December 30th marked my one year sleeve anniversary
The day before my surgery I was 255lbs
My goal was to get down to 145lbs by my one year anniversary. It seemed impossible that I would loose over 100 pounds at all, let alone in 1 year.
But I am here as proof that it is most definitely possible. I have been staying around 128 pounds for (I think) 2 months.
I eat 1900-2100 calories a day to maintain. I will increase to gain by adding a little at a time (not easy,I'm full) Before surgery I ate whatever, whenever. Today I eat whatever, whenever. The BIG difference now is that I eat 1/4 of the amount I used to eat, and I make better choices.
Overall I am doing well. I feel good, I have more energy. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm thrilled with the way I look.....and don't misunderstand me...I love my sleeve. I love the new me and don't regret being sleeved, but of coarse there are some things I'd like to change, for one- I'd like to gain some weight and I'm working on that 2100cal a day is keeping me at 128. So I keep adding here and there. Healthy fats. Who would have thought I'd be trying to gain a year after being sleeve?
Yesterday I went to take a shower and I looked at myself in the mirror. I was feeling very unattractive.
*My hair, used to be so nice and thick. Now, it's like string, and not a lot of it. I'm still loosing hair, not as much as I was but enough already. I do have new growth so that's good, 3 inch strands if hair poking out of my head. I'm seriously thinking about extensions, I don't know anything about them tho
My face is ok, my chest...my boobs. Where did they go? I feel deflated.
I can clearly see my ribs. My stomach, not gonna complain. I have skin but not bad. My thighs could use a lift.
Oh, and my butt....that packed up and went away with my boobs.
It's such an extreme change. My mind needs to catch up with my body.
If I could I would have some plastic done in a year or so.
Who knows, maybe I'll hit the lotto ;-)

Submit "It's been a year...it went by fast." to Digg Submit "It's been a year...it went by fast." to del.icio.us Submit "It's been a year...it went by fast." to StumbleUpon Submit "It's been a year...it went by fast." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Amazing. So happy for you. So much to be grateful for. My one year anniversary was Dec. 15th. I lost 75 lbs. I have no butt, either. Boobs sag, but lots of great bra choices, and lots of oh so pretty ones. I feel great. I lost a lot of hair, but it is not falling out (in clumps!) anymore. I don't feel the need to lose anymore weight, but I could. I eat so so so so much less than before, but I will admit, I do want candy and cookies sometimes! And, sometimes I eat them. Amazing that I don't ever want more than 1 or 2 cookies, or 1 Lindt truffle. Crazy to look back and see what this amazing operation has done for you, for me, for so many of us! I hope it is made available, (affordable) to more people and more people opt for this in the future. I know it was the right choice for me, and not the bypass. Good luck in all your endeavors!
    PS...YOU LOOK G.R.E.A.T. !!!!!!!! The before and after...incredible...be proud. Don't worry about needing to "do" anything else. You are perfect the way you are! Enjoy.
    Hey, how ya doin? I think it's always difficult for women to "love the skin we're in." We see so much of what is supposed to be attractive and beautiful, and we don't look exactly like these made-up barbie dolls we feel bad. I think you look amazing, like the other commenter says. You have done so well on this journey, and should be proud. Do what it takes for you to feel awesome (I wanna be the brick house- 36, 24, 36 lol), but remember that you are beautiful regardless. >>>Hugs<<<
    Congrats on your weight loss and your surgiversary. You've done great. Excess droopy skin is a small price to pay for all the good things that happen after the weight loss. More energy, more clothing choices, feel better etc..
    Happy anniversary to you and your team. Cause the way I see this, without our family friends and physicians helping us through this journey, we might have gotten lost along the way.
    As for the absence to hips, boobs, and hair we traded out for good/great health. May you have a long happy year as you begin the whatever is ahead.

If it is of any help, after my first year with my "banana" tummy, I too was a 255 start and ended at my first year at 135. As of today I am at 141 and thrilled to be accomplished at this gradual balancing back on the scales. Cannot tell you those pounds added right places,like to the hips, or boobs OR the hair shafts, but who is going to complain?
    I feel your pain. I started at 270 lbs 10/15/14 and am now 154 lbs today and the scale keeps going down. Slower than before but still down and I wanted to stop about 165-175 lbs because I felt comfortable with that size with my age. Plus once I started to drop below 165 the loose skin started to appear not a lot and mostly my inner thighs. Outta be an interesting summer in Arizona when its 120 degrees out. I literally eat whenever I want with a focus of a minimum of 4 times a day. I eat as much as I can and keep it mostly on the healthy side as don't want to be in a bad place when my body catches up to itself and stops losing weight. I'm enjoying the remainder of my extended honeymoon period til it's gone but hoping not to lose much more weight. I did this surgery to get my health back after breast cancer and diabetes creaping up to be my next best friend. I no longer have the risk of diabetes due to weight but have developed neuropathy in July due to the chemotherapy in 2007. This is a miserable disorder and to think after getting 115 lbs off my feet you'd think they would feel better lol. Oh what life has in store for a person. But on a good note my boobs will be 16 for the rest of my life so they won't giddy up and go away lol. Oh I still have the hair loss issue which I'm about to give up and go get it cut short again (was bald in 1007 due to the above chemo) so the new hair can catch up to the old. Happy 2016