Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ebbbdawsons

10 Days Until Surgery Everyone keeps asking me why I am doing it and now I am questioning my decision

Rate this Entry
My husband tells me at dinner last night that he is going to miss my hot body. It made me cry. I don't feel hot at all and it is a daily struggle for me to feel confident about myself. I go to the gym at least 4 days a wk sometimes 5 or 6 but I am a big girl.(in my opinion) I have a large bust area, a big butt and thighs and tiny waist and flat stomach. That apparently is what my husband likes. He said he is going to miss my butt and thighs, but those are the two things I hate the most and want to lose. He just wants me to be happy and understands and is going to support me, he just wanted to tell me that he loves every bit of me and he really truly doesn't think I need to change a thing. All my friends and family say I am crazy for doing this, that I don't need it. That I am very attractive the way I am now, but I am not doing this to be attractive to anyone but me. I am happily married I don't need to attract anyone I just want feel good being me. Feel good about myself when i look in the mirror. Now they all have me second guessing my decision......

I feel that this is going to be a game changer for me, but they have me worried about looking older, losing too much, extra skin. My argument is that I am a gym rat as it is and I forsee losing the excess fat that I can't seem to get rid of and being able to fine tune and tone after it is gone. My butt might get smaller, but it will be toner, I don't see that as a problem. But everyone tells me that my curves are what make me attractive and that is what a woman should look like. But if I don't like my legs and butt so much that I haven't worn shorts in years and when out on our boat or at a pool then why shouldn't I do it if I can? I always have a cover up on and when I do take it off to get in the water I stay fully submerged and when I get out I run to cover up again. It's not fun always worrying that people will see your fat legs.
I know several people that have had this done and they are thrilled with it so I am still going to have it done. I think I would hate myself more if I knew I was this close and didn't do it. I'd probably just gain more weight knowing that I am never going to be smaller than I am now.

Just confused and don't want this to be yet another one of those decisions that I make that I regret and realize that everything was fine in the first place

Submit "10 Days Until Surgery Everyone keeps asking me why I am doing it and now I am questioning my decision" to Digg Submit "10 Days Until Surgery Everyone keeps asking me why I am doing it and now I am questioning my decision" to del.icio.us Submit "10 Days Until Surgery Everyone keeps asking me why I am doing it and now I am questioning my decision" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 Days Until Surgery Everyone keeps asking me why I am doing it and now I am questioning my decision" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Weight loss surgery is a personal decision and only you can decide. People have the surgery for different reasons, each personal to the person having surgery. However, if you qualified for the surgery you must have some type of need to lose weight. I've never heard of anyone having the surgery without needing to lose some weight. I wish I could help you with your decision but since you have to hold yourself accountable after surgery the decision is yours alone.
    Well. I think a lot of us heard "why are you doing this? Is it really necessary to get surgery?"
    Wether where 200 or 300lbs
    I don't know your height or your BMI but I looked at your pictures and I do have to say you look great. I see your at the gym, are you loosing weight or doing the yo-yo dance? I would loose, and gain it all plus moreI will say this, your definitely gonna loose weight.
    If your like me....and I speak for only me....your gonna loose those boobs and the butt ;-)
    I was 255 I'm a year out and been at 128 for a few months. My butt needs a lift and my boobs....my poor boobs....well, look like they need to be inflated. BUT I'd do it all again. I feel great. Of coarse I have complaints about my body but overall I don't regret anything.
    If you got this far, then you want it. Your going to have 2nd thoughts up until the minute you go in.
    I wish you the best of luck! Please keep us posted!!
    Thanks for the comments. My boobs are implants so I am not really sure what will happen. Obviously I can't lose of all of them. lol I am hoping that I can tone as I lose so I won't be too saggy. I just don't know how my body will react, nobody does and it's scary. I see a lot of people on here that are doing marathons and are fit and trim and talk about all the energy that they have and then I see a lot that have done nothing and look just as great and then there are those that are still happy with the decision, but are going back for tummy tucks, butt lifts, skin removal. I don't want to set myself up for future surgery's. Just a big decision, that I had absolutely no doubts about until my husbands comment the other night...
    Not to sound flirty, but you have a very attractive build. I can see why your husband is concerned but supportive. As far as it being a mistake, as already mentioned, it has to be your decision. I came as close to backing out as one could come because I dropped 20lbs with no explanation prior to surgery. I decided to go ahead with it and they figured out I was diabetic while I was in the hospital, so in my case, it may have been a lifesaver for me had I not found out. I dont think you have anything at all to worry about with loose skin, you're not extremely obese and you're a gym rat also? That wont be an issue.
    I don't know, but you don't look like you have much weight to lose to me, you look normal. Are you going to Mexico? Not sure if you are big enough to have it done in the states, especially through insurance. But like others have said, it's your decision, and your decision alone. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Honestly, your pictures look like "after" pictures. While it is your decision, I can't help but think why you would want to put yourself through such a serious surgery when you look extremely healthy AND small. This is major surgery, they remove 80% of your stomach! It wasn't an easy decision for any of us and most of us did out of desperation for being at serious risk of or already having life threatening health issues. If your only goal is to reduce your butt and thighs maybe a stricter diet and working out with a personal trainer would help. I'm sorry if I sound judgmental or preachy. I don't know you or what you've had to deal with in your life but most of us can only dream of looking like you one day! Best of luck in your decision!
    Before you consider moving forward you need to go and read my posts and the struggles I have gone through. I think that it is awesome that you have a husband and a family that are trying to help you see the good things about yourself.

Why do you not feel attractive? Do you have a therapist? Yoh really need to address why you feel this way. Most of the women on here would probably agree that they wish they looked the way you do. This surgery will not change your brain and may make it worse.

I would really pray about this and really consider what you are taking on. Sometimes the change is not always for the better. I am not trying to talk you out of this bug I am wanting you to really think about it. Ask yourself if you are really ready to commit to a lifetime of changes. Not being able to eat and drink at the same time taking stupid vitamins the rest of you life. And eating very small portions. Just consider all of it before you make your decision. And really address why you don't like the way you look. I tnink that you are beautiful.