Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lopezmgettingthin

My Journey with Gastric Sleeve

Rate this Entry
I left Houston yesterday morning around 11 AM - Flew Southwest to San Diego - I got off the plane, got my bags and a driver from the clinic picked me up ... I was the only one coming in on that flight so I got my own ride to the clinic. I have not driven over a border in some time ... I forgot how weird it was to go from the states to Mexico - As soon as you get to the border check it all changes ... We drove in to our spot and two agents opened the doors and checked out our van ... All they found was the driver, me and my suitcase :-)

Once we drove over the border, I sure knew I was in Mexico :-) We drove straight to the clinic - It was in a nice area from what I could tell - The driver walked me in and I waited for a few minutes for the nurse to come in. She drew some blood, said I would get an EKG tomorrow and then it was back in the van to head to the hotel. It is in a nice area too ... I got checked in and got to my room. It's nice ... 2 beds, tv with 2 English channels (with commercials still in Spanish) LOL ... I turned on the TV, got the w-fi and just hung out ... I thought I would have a roommate but no one ever showed up :-) I thought that would be nice but it has made my time at the hotel super boring! HA HA HA - I watched a movie last nite and then just watched some Netflix - It is weird - Some videos on websites (like BravoTV and Lifetime) won't show here due to Geographical Licensing Restrictions - Bummer! So, if you have any recommendations on Netflix or Hulu, I am ready to hear them! There is a room here that is basically the nurse's station - They called me about 9:30 and let me know to be in the lobby at 11:45 AM for the shuttle to the clinic ... And, that is all I know at the moment!

I woke up this AM around 7 AM Mexico time (9 AM Texas time) - Laid around, checked my phone, flipped channels and finally got around to taking a shower! And that's the news for now!

More to come later!

Submit "My Journey with Gastric Sleeve" to Digg Submit "My Journey with Gastric Sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "My Journey with Gastric Sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Journey with Gastric Sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good Luck with everything! Let us know how it goes. As far as Netflix goes if you can get "Breaking Bad" or any of the "american Horror Story" series and haven't seen them it will definitely pass the time. Breaking Bad was amazing especially when binge watching. You should also be meeting other patients any time so chit chat helps to pass the time as well.