Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Keltia98

Falling back into old habits...

Rate this Entry

But not the ones you think. I am pretty sure I am in the minority on this one. I am the opposite of a stress eater. If I am stressed food is not appealing at all. I am one of those people that put on a lot of my weight because I didn’t eat regularly and when I did I ate all the wrong stuff. It was never a problem for me to eat once a day if my stress level was high. The problem came in that it was usually late at night and never healthy food.

Well apparently old habits die hard. I am dealing with some severe stress right now with Christmas and family stuff. Some of my issues are self-induced admittedly, but there nonetheless. The minor ones have to do with waiting too long to get started on family gifts and art projects. Also, this Sunday will be the first time I have seen anyone in the family outside my house and my parents. I should be over the moon about that part having lost almost 70 pounds since I saw them, but I have always felt judged by some of them and this is just one more thing that can add to it. I shouldn’t care what they think, but it goes way back to my childhood (I know... the counselor in me is showing lol).

Anyway… couple all of that with everyday stresses and I am having to make myself eat. I am doing my best to eat the right stuff when I do eat; not perfect, but okay. I do not fight depression or anything of that nature, however, I do intend to start seeing a counselor after the first of the year. Counseling a counselor is tough work, but its worth a shot. My husband is 100% supportive of me in every way (dang sure should be after almost 20 years lol). I keep thinking part of this is the “hormonal stuff” that goes along with the rapid weight loss, but my husband assures me this isn’t hormonal. He says my hormone fluxes make me bite people’s heads off at the drop of a hat and cry at commercials. I know hormones are little demons and can manifest in many different ways, but this is more internalized than that. Most of the time I am fairly relaxed, but every few years I let it all weigh me down. This is the first time since my surgery and I am so not eating right.

This too shall pass, always does. But in the meantime, I have to get on top of my eating (or lack thereof).

Thanks for listening J

Submit "Falling back into old habits..." to Digg Submit "Falling back into old habits..." to del.icio.us Submit "Falling back into old habits..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Falling back into old habits..." to Google

Tags: christmas, stress Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am similar to what you're describing. I used to stress eat, but now it's more difficult to eat, especially healthy foods, when I'm stressed. I also know many people who had surgery who feel the same way about stress eating, I guess it's better than "stress overeating."
    I'm struggling too eating the right food going back into old habits eating out drive through. I'm 3years post op and I have gained 30 pounds and it's so frustrationg. I feel your pain. Just try to refocus it's easier said than done.