Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Meagan

Need to stop losing

Rate this Entry
Any people out more than 6 months that can tell me how to stop losing? I'm still losing about a 1lb every 2 weeks, but still can't eat a lot yet (about 1000 cal max most days unless I try to eat extra 'junk", but still feel sick eating much of that).
I'm about 5 under goal (which was probably about 3 lbs too little), and really don't want to dip below 130, it's really skinny for me. I already feel like some TV hosts, like the boney blonde on dancing with the stars.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Submit "Need to stop losing" to Digg Submit "Need to stop losing" to del.icio.us Submit "Need to stop losing" to StumbleUpon Submit "Need to stop losing" to Google

Comments

I ended up dropping 10 pounds below my personal goal (20 pounds below surgeon's goal) but finally stopped once I got my calories up to meet my body's expenses. Increase the calories of what you are eating....full fat dairy, nuts, peanut butter, higher calorie protein sources. Eat more fruit. Add an extra snack into your day.....whole grain bars can provide some extra calories in the form of healthy carbs. Some of my protein smoothies are 300-400 calories and go down easier than solid food. If you drink sugar free/low cal drinks, switch to real juice or regular sports drinks. You can definitely add calories without it being junk food. After a year or two you will probably be glad you have these extra pounds to play with since maintenance can be a challenge.
    I have to work my (smaller) butt off to maintain my loss. So I'm no help.
    Agree with Kindle. Nuts, whole milk, fruit, whole grains -- you'll do fine. Even treat yourself a little ... dark chocolate, anyone?

If you get really desperate, start drinking some calories, but keep at least some of them healthy, e.g., milk, a protein drink with fruit.

FYI, I'm 15+ months post-op and maintaining at 138 pounds. I'm averaging 1700 cals/day, am 5'5" and 70 years old. I'm not a gym rat, but am a good walker.

The holidays should be interesting.
    P.S. There are some high-fiber, high-protein (relatively speaking) crackers out there that are delish: Three Seed Crackers, Multigrain Wasa crackers, etc. I often have these with full-fat cheese and sugar-free strawberry jam. Man, that feels like such a treat to me.