Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kennigriggs

Still feel like everything gets stuck

Rate this Entry
I still feel like every time I swallow, it gets stuck at the upper sphincter. My stomach is supposed to be able to hold three to four ounces. I measured. I can't take in more than an ounce and a half. I'm okay with that but it takes twenty minutes to get it down and at least thirty to empty.

It's really been slow progress.

Kendra

Submit "Still feel like everything gets stuck" to Digg Submit "Still feel like everything gets stuck" to del.icio.us Submit "Still feel like everything gets stuck" to StumbleUpon Submit "Still feel like everything gets stuck" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you spoken to your doctor about it?
    LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE REALLY EARLY DAYS. GIVE IT TIME AND TAKE YOUR TIME IT SHOULD GET BETTER SOON.
    What I did that completely erased that problem is to never swallow my food in one big swallow. As I am chewing, I swallowed little bits at a time until that mouthful was gone. That worked like a charm. Good luck.
    This feeling is common lots of time. I suggested that you really chew, and try standing up to eat sometimes. I facilitate my local support groups and make this suggestion all the time, and it seems to help others and I know it helped me You are early on, and it takes a bit. Slow, chew, stand, and take time eating.
    I'm over a year out and still can only eat between 2-4 ounces at a time. All depends what it is that I am eating. Not sure I will ever be able to eat more than that at a time nor do I think I want to lol. I just make sure I eat 4-6 times a day.
    I have the same problem and glad Wydols commented.. I do the same eat small portions about 5 times a day. Thought I was being a pig but I guess I'm not the only one. Hope things get better for you.
    I can eat more when I stand, but I'm 3-4oz still at 10mo out. Depends on what I'm eating too.....but if I don't chew really good I get that super annoying feeling.
    Try to chew more, eat softer foods for now. Stay away from dry meats.