Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

beachbumsoon2b

almost 8 months out

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone. Been awile for me to post. My question is for the post sleeves. I'm 20 lbs from goal. I've been bouncing the last pound for a month now and my hair has almost gone. Ready to buy a wig. ..but anyhow, what can I do to get this Last 20 lbs off? I've exercised more and less, more food and less food, more liquids less liquids, you name it. ..sw 214 now is 141. I hope its not done. I need to get the last 20 lbs off....please help. Ty

Submit "almost 8 months out" to Digg Submit "almost 8 months out" to del.icio.us Submit "almost 8 months out" to StumbleUpon Submit "almost 8 months out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank everyone so much in advance
    Before I answer, let me ask a few questions.....So how tall are you? What's your BMI? Also, how old are you? Are you meeting or exceeding protein and fluid goals every day? Taking your supplements? What does your lab work look like? Have you had hormone levels checked as well as organ function and vitamin levels?

Sorry for the inquisition, but you said you've tried everything so I'm just trying to think outside the box.
    well i am only 7 months out and still have 30 lbs to loose..but i dont sweat it..i just decided to live...and enjoy my life..this week i dropped 2 lbs..without even thinking about it..i think you have to realize this is the new you..and that if you do all the right things..water, protein, excersize and vitamins!! then things will keep happening maybe slower..but certainly there is no time limit on it.
    Hi. ...I'm 5 ft 2 in. Bmi is 25.9...I'm 49.....meeting protein and water goals. . So my labs ate perfect. ..hormone levels I'm not sure about. When they do lab they do cmp...all my vitamin levels are good. So idk....
    Well you're pretty darn close to normal BMI. That may be where your body wants to be. Losing another 20 may not be a realistic goal. And even if you get there, too hard to maintain. I know many WLS patients that dropped really low but then gained 10-20 pounds back and that's where they were able to maintain. For me, I just stopped losing when I stopped losing and haven't forced additional loss. Maintaining has been pretty easy because I'm at my body's new normal, not some arbitrary "goal" number.

But if you do want to shoot for that extra 20 pounds, you will have to do something different than you are. Are you tracking carbs/calories? Eat different things than you have been. Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? How about a few days of liquids only to jump start things? How about excercise? Change up your workout routine. Basically anything to shock your body out of its "rut".
    on videos the doctors say go to 30 grams of carbs, might try that if you are not at that now.