Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

didishae

7 1/2 month check in: good and bad numbers

Rate this Entry
I usually just check in once a month and give an update on progress but I thought I would go ahead and share my numbers from my most recent doctor's appointment.

About a week ago I had my "6 month" checkup with my surgeon's office. Yes, we were all behind. Scheduling conflicts and being busy on both my end and theirs meant I was almost a month and a half late but oh well, no harm done. I was very happy with most of my numbers. In fact, they seemed very impressed by my progress. It felt awesome when I was asked, "What type of exercise are you doing?" instead of "Are you exercising?" My hard work is paying off and I'm glad it's obvious that I'm putting in a lot of effort.

A quick run down of some of my stats:
My BMI started at 43.25 and is now 27.97
Body fat started at 46 and is now 32.7
fat weight started at 110.54 and is now 50.82
I lost a total of 42.25 inches

Broken down that is:
neck: 2.75 inches
chest: 9.75 inches
upper arm: 4.25 inches
wrist: 1 inch
waist: 10.5 inches
hips: 12 inches
thigh: 2 inches
calf: 2.5 inches

It's amazing to look at those numbers and see the HUGE difference. I am very excited to see where they are in another few months.

The only "bad" numbers were my iron levels. I have always had a tendency to run anemic and regardless of the fact that I religiously take my vitamins, I was still pretty anemic. I was prescribed even more iron and have added that to my daily regime. I have another round of blood work scheduled in a month so they can see if that fixed the problem so, well.. hopefully it does.

On a good note, I think my hair is finally started to do a little better. I have noticed that, while I still am having some hair loss it seems A LOT less than before. I am very optimistic that maybe the worst is behind me and maybe it will start repairing itself. I miss having decent hair. I knew when I started this journey that my hair would probably take a beating and yes, it has absolutely been worth it, but I'm ready to have a nice head of hair again.

I do have to say, so far 2015 has been an amazing year for me. I have done so much to change myself for the better. I had the sleeve, have lost a lot of weight, got my blood pressure just about perfect, eat healthy, exercise a lot, take my vitamins... I'm doing really good for myself right now. But also, I had a small surgical procedure to fix some "lady" problems, have had several sessions at the dermatologist to remove moles (melanoma runs in my family), and got braces, which is something I really wanted to do for a long time. I can't explain how wonderful it feels to be fixing all these things I have disliked about myself. Some are about health and some are appearance but all of them are like a weight off my shoulders. I think 2015 will always stand out to me as the year I took control and changed my life.

Of course, 2016-2017 will also probably be very exciting because I have just about decided that when I am about 18 months or so out I am going to go visit a plastic surgeon and look into AT LEAST a tummy tuck and boob job. But oh well, we'll just see how that plays out in the future.

As always, thanks to you all for the support and encouragement.

Submit "7 1/2 month check in: good and bad numbers" to Digg Submit "7 1/2 month check in: good and bad numbers" to del.icio.us Submit "7 1/2 month check in: good and bad numbers" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 1/2 month check in: good and bad numbers" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So great to hear your results. Thank you for checking in so us new sleevers can be encouraged that the best is yet to come! Way to go on all your hard work!
    Congrats on all your success. I know you must be feeling like a new woman! and well deserved
    good for you and keep up all the good work you are doing. So happy for you
    Congratulations!!!! I too got braces
    Didi, what a wonderful valedictory to 2015. I'm very, very proud of you. And very, very happy for you.
    Congratulations on your success and hard work! This has been a year of great changes for a lot of us!
    Awesome. Keep up the good work.