Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julesdeck

Almost 17 months post op - getting back on track

Rate this Entry
I'm writing this to be honest with myself more than anything. I allowed my emotions and stress to control me this past year. I was so successful after surgery. I was a slow loser, but consistent. Once I moved, I was more active, however, the stress from the new job and commute took over. Then my life changed. My Dad died and even though it has been 10 months, it feels like yesterday. To throw another wrench in there, my sister ended up in the hospital 2x, once for 5 weeks recently. I traveled more than an hour each way after work to visit her. It took a toll on me physically, mentally, and affected my home life since I was never here. Now she's home and it's about me again. In fact, I have made a selfish decision to make sure it stays that way. I CANNOT put others before my health anymore!!!

I weighed and measured myself Sunday morning and broke out the journal again. I'm writing everything down, focusing on my protein and water, and walking. I've already lost almost 3 lbs. I'm hoping to be back to my 1 year surgiversary weight by Sunday then the real work begins.

Even though I gained some back, it was less than 6 lbs and only have 3 lbs left to get rid of that gain. I'm retraining my sleeve once again and I'm very excited about it. I have no regrets regarding my surgery and thank God that I can pick myself back up after being knocked down.

Submit "Almost 17 months post op - getting back on track" to Digg Submit "Almost 17 months post op - getting back on track" to del.icio.us Submit "Almost 17 months post op - getting back on track" to StumbleUpon Submit "Almost 17 months post op - getting back on track" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Jules, I have thought about you so often! It's great to hear from you. And I'm glad to hear about all your decisions.

We really HAVE to put ourselves first. Doesn't mean nobody else matters. But there's no other way we can take care of ourselves other than to make us #1. So far, after I started doing this, no one has died. Well, actually, the dog died. But that was not my fault.

So glad to have you back around here.
    Thanks for your honesty! You've got this!
    wow..so sorry for all you have been through..you know..i think you are doing awesome..great that you are writing ...thank you for your honesty!!
    Thanks guys. Miss you too Ann2
    Hi Jules - Long time no see. Glad to hear you're back on track. I'm right there with you. Gained 6 lbs now and working on taking it off.