Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

eytria

Feeling overwhelmed

Rate this Entry
I don't know if it's everything hitting me at once or just a side effect of the surgery but wow I'm feeling over whelmed and beat up. Had surgery, then constipated, started my period and now have a UTI from the catheter. Feeling sick every time I have to do my blood thinner shots or get my crushed medications & vitamins down. I feel faint when I walk, when I eat, wake up or go to sleep, then I sweat and spin getting so dizzy. Is this a normal part of the journey?????

Submit "Feeling overwhelmed" to Digg Submit "Feeling overwhelmed" to del.icio.us Submit "Feeling overwhelmed" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feeling overwhelmed" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It sounds like you've got a lot going on. I think constipation is pretty common. Are you drinking enough? I hated the crushed pulls too. It helped to mix it with a little chocolate protein shake. How long will you have to crush them? Have you called your Dr? I would def touch base. Don't hesitate.
    You are a newbie..you are learning how to manuver this..it is hard..yes, and i was real tired..the above poster is all so right..water water water...that is the most important..
    if you are ever ever in question, call a dr, but you just had major surgery..it all takes time
    Feel better friend, this too shall pass. Sending healthy thoughts your way.
    Make sure you're hydrated, and getting some protein in. It's really difficult in the beginning, but it does get easier and easier; if that's any consolation at the moment. Can you reach out to the surgeon's office for some reassurance, or another source of support. Hang in there, and breathe deeply; it really helps. Good luck!
    Hey, let's call your journey, CrudLand! BUT it gets better!! You won the lottery of what else is planned?
    I think we should take a few deep breathes, think about what will change and have to look forward to: your period will pass, so do a count down. Taking more liquid and protein is what makes your healing and progress stronger and your energy and outlook contagious! Taking your meds will become simpler soon, in a month or so, it will be a memory. You will make a difference in someone's journey, I know it! And be able to share from your experience encouragement along the way.

Please always know that just because your physician said "Your discharged!" DID not mean never call me again. When in doubt, CALL AND ASK.
    P. S. Make yourself a promise and refuse to weighing yourself until your scheduled follow up appointment. Believe me it is a gift you will give yourself. Refocus on healing.
    Thank you all so much, that's why I reached out. I see my DR in 3 days. Everything has just been hitting me at once and I went from oh this isn't so bad to Holy crap what's wrong with me. I'm a good girl on the water and the only reason I even mentioned the constipation is because for me it can get VERY painful. Not including I have PMDD which is a menstrual cycle disorder and the UTI is up in my kidney's. It sure does help to be reminded though that this too shall pass. Thank you so much for all your support. I can only hope to help other as you have helped me.
    sounds like you are dehydrated, needs more fluids, also might try alittle apple juice for the constipation, it seems to help.
    Are you getting in your required minimum of protein and liquids? It sounds like you're not. I can't even remember the amounts anymore, maybe 64 ounces liquid and 70 grams protein? Please follow the rules your surgeon gave you, they know what they're talking about.
    Yep what they said! I see my doc for my 2 week follow up in the morning so I'm looking forward to my weigh in. Are you getting a couple of shakes in a day? I think that's why I recovered so quickly after a rough 2 days. I'm still having constipation issues myself so I think I'll try some apple juice. Some people get overwhelmed or depressed after the surgery, but I hear it passes and then a few months or so later those same people write posts of how this surgery is the best decision they've ever made. :P Life's funny like that. I bet you'll start feeling better in the next week if you get that protein and some liquids in between. Good luck to you!
    My diet is 32 g protein for breakfast ( takes me about 2 -4 hrs to get down.) 6 - 11 g protein for lunch ( that only takes me 1 -2 hrs to do) and then 32 g protein for dinner. Through out the WHOLE day I get down 3, 24 oz water bottles = 72 water. this diet takes me from 9 am to some times 2 am to finish. I'm also making sure I follow DR orders and make myself get up and walk 3 x a day and at least one of those times for 30 mins straight and more. So I don't think I'm messing up there, Am I ????
    Updated 10-06-2015 at 10:37 PM by eytria (grammer)
    (((eytria))) Hope you get to feeling better soon..
    Quote Originally Posted by eytria
    My diet is 32 g protein for breakfast ( takes me about 2 -4 hrs to get down.) 6 - 11 g protein for lunch ( that only takes me 1 -2 hrs to do) and then 32 g protein for dinner. Through out the WHOLE day I get down 3, 24 oz water bottles = 72 water. this diet takes me from 9 am to some times 2 am to finish. I'm also making sure I follow DR orders and make myself get up and walk 3 x a day and at least one of those times for 30 mins straight and more. So I don't think I'm messing up there, Am I ????
    What are you eating for the 32 g of protein?

Are you allowed to spread out your meals? Maybe take 4 to 5 meals and have the protein more evenly throughout the day?

Also, it seems like you may not be getting enough sleep. I've needed at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night since the surgery. Today is my first day back to work so it might be harder to do from now on.
    You guys are amazing, can't wait to post my surgery date and have the encouragement/
    @ payitforward it's a protein shake for breakfast greek yogurt or watered down split pea for lunch and another protein shake for dinner. It just takes me FOREVER to get it down. As far as sleep goes, Yes I sleep very little because if other reasons but I on average sleep maybe 4 hrs a night lol anything over is sleeping in for me.
    Updated 10-07-2015 at 08:54 PM by eytria (grammer)