Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

N2DVN

How long should I wait to dive?

Rate this Entry
Okay, I am wondering how long I should wait before diving again. I am going to Orlando in April for work and would love to do some cavern or gulf dives. Would I be healed enough to dive by then?

I will be jsut shy of 3 months post-op by then. I didn't have any problems diving that soon after back surgery but I am worried about the pressure diving puts on the body. Any suggestions?

Submit "How long should I wait to dive?" to Digg Submit "How long should I wait to dive?" to del.icio.us Submit "How long should I wait to dive?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How long should I wait to dive?" to Google

Tags: diving Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Speak to your doctor about it. I know light exercise can start at 6 weeks and then weight training and harder workouts at 3 months so this is something you should ask them.
    My doctor advised me all normal activites (including heavy weight lifting, etc) can resume after 4-5 weeks. I'd dive at 3 months out - but if you're unsure - it's best to ask your doc.
    Thanks guys, I have a message in to him but was curious if there are any other divers on here and how soon they dove.
    WooHoo! The doc says that it will be fine to dive in April!! Now, I just need to decide where.