Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lovemykids3

Out of pocket ~

Rate this Entry
Did anyone pay out of pocket for their surgery due to insurance denial? Cost? Would u do it all over again? Meaning in the states not in Mexico.

Submit "Out of pocket ~" to Digg Submit "Out of pocket ~" to del.icio.us Submit "Out of pocket ~" to StumbleUpon Submit "Out of pocket ~" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I paid out of pocket in the states and I'd do it again.
    I paid in MX and I would absolutely do it again. Do your research and best of luck to you.
    I paid out of pocket and would do it again. Probably total about $14k.
    Paid $14,000 in Missouri. So worth it! (Cheaper than a car.) My doctor only takes self-pay patients if they are low-risk. My insurance wouldn't cover weight loss surgery, so that means they also wouldn't cover any weight loss surgery complications. I was very careful to follow every rule, as I knew going back to the hospital could bankrupt my family.

I know it's much cheaper in Mexico (and many people here are thrilled with Mexico), but I could never have done that. I liked the fact that my price included all the health testing before surgery, nutritionist visits, psych visits, and follow up afterward surgery with blood work and doctor visits up to 3 months. I'm almost 2 years out and still enjoy the hospital's monthly support group. In fact we're in the middle of a contest, who has the most steps August through December, and I plan on winning!!
    Thanks everyone
    I paid $12,000 and had surgery in Colorado. This was a flat rate for the surgeon, hospital (Overnight stay), and all pre op tests. The hospital was about two hours from home. I just couldn't imagine getting on a plane and flying so soon after surgery. Glad I did it in the states.
    I paid out of pocket too.. 10K is my total cost.. My doc only takes cash paid also. I'm having surgery in a surgery center and going home the same night.. He'll come make house calls for three days to be sure things are going well... He's an awesome doctor!!