Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ReadySet

Today was an amazing day...

Rate this Entry
At almost 10 months out from surgery I did something today I never dreamed I would do. I went zip lining and it was amazing. Terrifying, but amazing. I spent the day at at aerial park where you maneuver through courses high in the trees. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done and challenged every rational bone in my body, but I did it. It challenged me beyond my limits (some of the challenges were crazy!!) but I proved to myself I am a changed person even though I still see that fat girl in the mirror. (By the way, does that ever go away?)
At this time last year I weighed 270 lbs and couldn't climb a flight of stairs without being winded. I haven't lost as much weight to date as I'd hoped but what I've lost is my reality and it has changed my life. I am still pressing on focused as ever and hoping to lose more and doing everything I can to live life to the fullest. At some point you just have to be happy with what you've got, and for me, today, it was more than enough.
This surgery and all the work that goes along with it have been a blessing. If I never lose another lb I know I have changed my life for the better and I just wanted to share my excitement with those who understood and those who will share in a similar joy for themselves someday soon. What a day!!

Submit "Today was an amazing day..." to Digg Submit "Today was an amazing day..." to del.icio.us Submit "Today was an amazing day..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Today was an amazing day..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Woo hoo...congratulations on zip lining. My first time zipping was in June. It was a huge challenge for me to accept I wasn't to heavy for the cables while at the same time getting past my fear of heights.

Not sure when you get past the fat person in the mirror.
    Congratulations!

Did that for the first time a year ago myself. Too much FUN! Bonus was they gave my the instructions for the "little people" to scrunch into a ball so I'd make it across the longest run. The less you weigh, the slower you go and kids and small adults need to scrunch up to maintain enough speed to get across. Double bonus was jogging up the multiple flights of stairs and still being able to carry on a conversation at the top!
    Sounds like fun - Great feeling!
    Congratulations on being able to zip line. I also want to experience that high. ��
    Rats, I STILL haven't done a zip line. OK, putting that on the list. And congratulations to you. And yes, we do understand what you mean.