Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

azladyrider

So.... does this bother any others?

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
If anyone hasn't heard of this gal from NZ I think it is her name is Simone - she's all over the internet and just came to Scottsdale for a body makeover.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/0...-social-media/ and she's on local news and in People Magazine etc.

But is it just me or does this bug the crap out of anyone else that this is being hailed as some great accomplishment through diet and working out? The sleeve isn't being mentioned and sorry but in my opinion that is totally misleading. I saw some posts by others who are trying to lose weight the traditional way and they were all saying how discouraged they are now that they see how well this gal did. Sorry folks but if you want to be the face of weight loss then tell the damn truth. Yes the maintenance is on us but the initial weight loss of such massive amounts as most of us have had? No way could that have been achieved without surgery.

Submit "So.... does this bother any others?" to Digg Submit "So.... does this bother any others?" to del.icio.us Submit "So.... does this bother any others?" to StumbleUpon Submit "So.... does this bother any others?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Are you sure that she had surgery? When I was in my late twenties, I was able to lose 125 lbs in around 8 months without surgery. I did a medically supervised diet (HMR) of 6oo calories a day. Of course, the article says that "To lose the weight, Anderson changed her takeout- and fast food-heavy to one with whole foods like meat, nuts, vegetables and fruit.". I think it would take a more drastic change than that to lose that fast.

She says that she wants to share everything but she's not telling anyone how she lost the weight. At least, she's not in that article.
    I live in NZ so I looked her up. I found this as part of her posts.... Since making the decision in August last year to change her lifestyle, she has lost 85 kilograms through a combination of lifestyle changes, gastric sleeve stomach surgery and sheer hard work.
    She is being honest, obviously the media have been selective about how she has lost the weight. Just shows you cannot control what is picked up by the media.
    Yes Pay she did have the surgery and Patterson NO she is not being forthright - trust me I watched her local news interview last nite and I know the newscasters personally. They ask and ask and ask some more when interviewing people; I know because they have done numerous stories with me and they always ask what I want said. She mentioned it last nite for a nanosecond at the end of the newscast. She could have brought it up before they started praising her for loss with diet and working out and out it to the forefront.
    So it sounds like your issue is that you think she should LEAD with that info and then she would not get more attention than...say...other people who have had surgery and been interviewed. Why should you get to decide when she mentions it? If she mentioned it at all then she IS being honest.
    Local TV edits the way they edit. The interviewee could have mentioned VSG at any point in the interview and it just wound up shown last in the edited version. In my experience with local TV news teams, they're not the brightest bulbs on the string, and their editorial agenda is whatever the hell their editorial agenda is.

EDIT: I googled her and in places where she controls her own content (e.g., Facebook page) she's quite transparent about having had sleeve surgery. At one point she complains that some media reports aren't including that information in their stories about her. The media about her plastics surgery seems to be controlled by a PR company that (probably) has been hired by the plastic surgeon who (understandably) wants the focus on his work, not the gastric sleeve surgeon's work. BTW, her before plastics photos and after photos are just shockingly impressive. Boy, oh boy, did her plastic surgeon do a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Local TV edits the way they edit. The interviewee could have mentioned VSG at any point in the interview and it just wound up shown last in the edited version. In my experience with local TV news teams, they're not the brightest bulbs on the string, and their editorial agenda is whatever the hell their editorial agenda is.

EDIT: I googled her and in places where she controls her own content (e.g., Facebook page) she's quite transparent about having had sleeve surgery. At one point she complains that some media reports aren't including that information in their stories about her. The media about her plastics surgery seems to be controlled by a PR company that (probably) has been hired by the plastic surgeon who (understandably) wants the focus on his work, not the gastric sleeve surgeon's work. BTW, her before plastics photos and after photos are just shockingly impressive. Boy, oh boy, did her plastic surgeon do a good job.
    Now you had me curious so I looked it up as well! WOW I can certainly see why he would want to use her as a case example/advertisement! Some pretty amazing work there!
    Quote Originally Posted by MBL
    So it sounds like your issue is that you think she should LEAD with that info and then she would not get more attention than...say...other people who have had surgery and been interviewed. Why should you get to decide when she mentions it? If she mentioned it at all then she IS being honest.
    I couldn't care less about the "attention" she is getting - but yes I do feel it's deceptive to be the "self imposed" role model for weight loss and not bring it to the forefront. People all over the news articles that I read comment after comment from people saying "wow I am so bummed now - I have been trying to lose weight and am nowhere near this much loss and so I just give up" - thinking that she is doing it without any kind of surgery. As for the news edits - um sorry but I know at least the news anchors here in Phx personally and I know the level of their reporting and research so if she had mentioned it they wold have made it a focus.

Oh well guess some people just want people to think they did it all with diet and working out - so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MBL
    Now you had me curious so I looked it up as well! WOW I can certainly see why he would want to use her as a case example/advertisement! Some pretty amazing work there!
    Yeah he is a great surgeon no doubt. I was really surprised that he did this and she's not even a year out from the surgery. I waited 2.5 years and I always read that the weight should be stable for at least a year before plastics are done meaning that 1 year to lose it and then another to stabilize. Just kind of surprised that the plastics were done that soon. Oh well. I still think it's a disservice to people that aren't considering WLS and trying to lose on their own and see her story and then get discouraged. I've always mentioned it up front - from the start and still do at 3.5 years afterwards