Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Meagan

SUGAR!!!! Have you ever seen the daily Limit?!?

Rate this Entry
It really amazes me how many grams of SUGAR there are in things, and I just googled we as women are only "supposed" to have about 25 grams a day!!! WHAT??? A can of coke has 39!! one cup of Yogurt has up to 19g! 1 peach has 13g!
THat seems impossible to stay under that amount.
I realize it says "added" sugar, so perhaps fruit doesn't count "as much"; but I can tell that my body craves more sugar the more I eat it.

The sugar is probably the cause of my long stalls. If I could just reach for salty or meats instead of fruit or another yogurt or jello, I'd probably do a lot better. That will be a new goal to count sugars, since the scale isn't moving, we have to make new things to focus on to keep it interesting. My Fitness pal app tells me to stay under 46 grams, and I easily hit that some days, without eating baked goods, sodas, or fruit juices.

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-much-sugar-per-day/

At 143lbs today!

Submit "SUGAR!!!! Have you ever seen the daily Limit?!?" to Digg Submit "SUGAR!!!! Have you ever seen the daily Limit?!?" to del.icio.us Submit "SUGAR!!!! Have you ever seen the daily Limit?!?" to StumbleUpon Submit "SUGAR!!!! Have you ever seen the daily Limit?!?" to Google

Comments

I had Dr. Quinones and on his post-op it had 5 or less grams per meal. I kept mine around 15 a day but then I mainly had protein shakes (1 gram) lean meat (0 grams) and cooked veggies (0 grams). I never was big on fruit so it was really easy to stay away from sugar and I gave up all sodas, bread and pasta so it was pretty easy.

Good luck

Stacy
    I eat maybe 2 containers of yogurt a day. I have gotten to where I don't eat meat much at all. My big problem is carbs. Because I do like to eat Quest Protein Bars. They have about 120 calories a day 25 grams of carbs and 20 grams of protein a day. I do take Quest Protein Powder more now. It has 102 calories per scoop less than 3 grams of sugar and carbs and 25 grams of protein. I will make pudding out of it and eat it that way. But I do add splenda alittle and some spices
    I was told by my doctor that if I drink any kind of soda (carbonated drink) after the operation that it will start stretching out my stomach.
    watch the movie "that sugar film" it is a real eye opener about how much sugar is in things..frustrating!
    Go for no sugar added products. Greek light&fits have very little sugar. 7g and 13g of protein- unless you get whips (which is my guilty pleasure). Quest Bars are very minimal with around 20g of protein and <1g of sugar. And the carbs in them is not to much if you are limiting your meals to clean protein and veggies. Here is a link to the quest bars.

http://www.questnutrition.com/protei...f-12/?type=box

Finally, muscle milk has a new drink that is 220 cal. and has 40g protein, 2g sugar, and 9g carbs. I am trying to find it online but so far only have found it at Maverick for $4.99 EEEKkk....

Also, soda is not good to have anyways, regardless of the sugar.

Keep up the hard work!
    Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy'sSleevedLife
    I had Dr. Quinones and on his post-op it had 5 or less grams per meal. I kept mine around 15 a day but then I mainly had protein shakes (1 gram) lean meat (0 grams) and cooked veggies (0 grams). I never was big on fruit so it was really easy to stay away from sugar and I gave up all sodas, bread and pasta so it was pretty easy.

Good luck

Stacy
    I love that you have been able to stay away from pasta and bread. Pasta was my favorite before. Now, if I eat even a little and if there is any meat in my system I break out in a sweat and have to throw-up within 10 minutes or I get belly cramps and feel like I have the flu....
    Sounds like you have a great food habit- keep it up!
    Sugar is what causes us to become fat. Stay away from any and all "added" sugars. No carbonated drinks, no white flour pasta or breads. White flour breaks down in our bodies as sugar. Eat lean meats and fill up on them, if you are still a bit hungry eat a green veggie. No potatoes, starchy veggies or sugar laden foods. Pure Protein makes a really good protein shake. Any drink over 25g of protein is a waste. Our bodies can only process about 25g at a time, the rest is excreted out in our urine. Make sure you are drinking too, that will cause a stall. Good luck