Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Meagan

1st major Jeans Shopping

Rate this Entry
So I went to my favorite store (Buckle) and was going to buy some shorts and jeans b/c nothing fits in my closet, literally hanging off - with a belt. THe girl comes to help asks my size, and I said, I really have no idea at all. I picked up a size 30 (because I previously couldn't hardly squeeze into a 33/1x/14/16) and she said, "girl no way, that's way too big! Try these" Handing me 28s! I laugh, knowing she is CRAZY, or just being nice, I've not been in a 28... I don't think ever, even at my skinniest.
I try them on, and my fat brain says, "They are tight, but fit enough maybe in a few weeks I'll fit in them", I come out, she pulls on them and says, "those are too big, you need a 27 or 26".... I bought the 28s anyway. I go home, and wear them a few hours, and she was right-- they are way too big! I look in the mirror and still 'see' the big legs, the wide hips, and I can't even fathom buying a 27, even though they are loose in the legs and waist. I went back today and exchanged them.
I've always heard of that body dysmorphic disorder where you ''see'' fat/ugly unjustifiably, but I've never experienced it. It's such a weird feeling.

I'd gone to buy shirts 2 weeks ago and in stores I couldn't even fit the XL, I was able to by XS! 6 sizes down in jeans, 5 sizes down in shirts in 3 months!

I am so thankful to feel normal again. And the liquid diet was hard, but after that, this has been simpler than I thought, and I'm so grateful to be detoxed from breads! I say "easy", but it was challenging to find things to eat that were high protein and yet, grain/bread free!! I had never really noticed how EVERYTHING at resturants/fastfood/nicer 'fast' food places has BREAD/PASTA/RICE as at least 1/2 of the meal! Now I can enjoy a sandwich, but I load it up with the veggies, ask for a bowl and pour it all out and just eat the insides, leaving the bread for my dog or the trash.

I am thankful to enjoy shopping, I've never ever ever liked it but envied those that could go and say "Oh I found lots of cute things!" I never could find cute things, I would try on tons and go home empty handed and hating the fashion industry for making everything cut for skinny chicks and stick teenagers.

Now, I can. And it feels so much younger.

Submit "1st major Jeans Shopping" to Digg Submit "1st major Jeans Shopping" to del.icio.us Submit "1st major Jeans Shopping" to StumbleUpon Submit "1st major Jeans Shopping" to Google

Tags: bread, clothes, jeans Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations! That sounds fantastic!! You should be so proud of yourself. I'm doing my 6 month pre-op diet and I'm back in my size 22/24 lane Bryant jeans--no elastic waist and I am so excited. I can wear some of my semi-cute old Lane Bryant stuff now. No more shopping at the old-lady, even bigger plus sizes, store.

Enjoy your new clothes. You deserve it.
    Way to go Meagan!!
    Aww- this is so motivating. I'm looking forward to do the same. I had surgery last Thursday 9/3. And I'm excited to know that the outcome of this journey will be wonderful!

Thank you for sharing your shopping experience!