Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Emilyrosebud

The info I'm gaining from this site is invaluable

Rate this Entry
Hi all! I've been creeping almost non-stop on your old posts the past few days and have learned so much and I just want to thank you all for sharing your time and experience so that I can become more educated and decrease my stress as I approach my surgery in November. You are all beautiful people on the inside and out!

I'm riding a little high right now because I just returned home from my 5th (out of 7 required) pre-op appt with my nutritionist and PA. They were so pleased with all the research I have been doing and the questions I was able to ask today. And I was pleased because I lost 13 pounds this month!! It feels great and I just hope I can keep it up and not backslide before surgery. I've lost a total of 28 lbs since I started this in march. I've gone done a pant size and from a 48DDD to a 44D. Probably TMI, but why does the weight have to go from there first? Why not the tummy? Has anyone else experienced this?

Number one fact I learned today... My surgeon uses a 34 fr bougie in all of his surgeries. He does not use the smallest size (32 fr) because he does not want the sides of the stomach to form spiderweb-like scars between them. In which case they would have to go down the throat with an endoscope and break up the spiderwebs. No thanks! I will be happy to have you use the next smallest size Dr Eyman.

On a a bad note, when I got home from my appt the Directv is out. The technician will be out tomorrow morning. Until then I will just continue to creep around this wonderful site. Thanks again!

Submit "The info I'm gaining from this site is invaluable" to Digg Submit "The info I'm gaining from this site is invaluable" to del.icio.us Submit "The info I'm gaining from this site is invaluable" to StumbleUpon Submit "The info I'm gaining from this site is invaluable" to Google

Comments

Welcome! I am glad you decided to come out of the creep stage! lol. I have been on here about 4 years now. Had my sleeve in June 2012 and lost 139 lbs. I don't know what I would have done without everyone here. Best to you!
    Thank you Mbenson5. I'm so grateful that you are still active on this site four years after surgery. Paying it forward!
    Absolutely!
    Now I understand the importance of staying on the site...."paying it forward". I'll try to do that!
    I couldn't agree more! I've gained a lot from the experiences, pitfalls, and triumphs of the users on this site. I reached a milestone and am struggling a little bit emotionally. Since I haven't been on the site as much lately, I decided to log in and go back through the forums. This has boosted my mood and renewed my spirit. There are some awesome and supportive people here.
    Hi! It's been about 21/2months since I made the original post. I should have been on course for having my sleeve done in December. I finished my 7th (final) month of supervised weight loss required by my insurance. I had a problem when I had my echocardiogram done. I need to have open-heart surgery, called a septal myectomy and mitral valve repair done before I am stable enough to have the sleeve. So I will be having my open-heart surgery on 12/17. Hopefully I can still have the sleeve done in April. That would work out well for me. My health insurance will be changing in June and I don't think they will pay for weight loss surgery. Any encouraging words would be welcomed. This is the first time I've been on the site since I found out about the heart surgery.