Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Xraychik81

10 weeks out. Lost 25lbs. Able to eat. Working out 2-3 days a week.

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone.. So I wanted to tell everyone that I have only lost 25 lbs since my surgery 5/29/15.. I'm starting to get worried too. I work out religiously with a trainer twice a week and some weeks I add a day of just weight trading with my hubby. I am one of those who is able to eat nearly anything.. I only eat very little but am hungry again 2 hours later. I am still doing the protein shakes but have only been drinking 1.5 a day.. I can't seem to drink water like I used to. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting pretty discouraged and I choose foods that are good for me. I have severe reflux lately too. I lost 4 lbs and gained it all back in 1 weekend last week. I seem to graze now instead of just stop and be done once full.. I catch myself going back within an hour or two for another bite because my tummy has a severe burning sensation in it.
I'm lost. I hope the weight will continue to come off.. And not just stop at 25 lbs.

Submit "10 weeks out. Lost 25lbs. Able to eat. Working out 2-3 days a week." to Digg Submit "10 weeks out. Lost 25lbs. Able to eat. Working out 2-3 days a week." to del.icio.us Submit "10 weeks out. Lost 25lbs. Able to eat. Working out 2-3 days a week." to StumbleUpon Submit "10 weeks out. Lost 25lbs. Able to eat. Working out 2-3 days a week." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I found for me the "hunger" I experienced a few weeks out was actually acid. When the pouch would empty, the hunger would come back because of the acid. I am on an acid reducer every day and the hunger stopped! From what I understand this is common for some people after surgery, even if never having acid problems before. Some say it goes away after several months, and some need a reducer from now on. Hope this info helps!
    Deal with the reflux first..nexium is over the counter now..or call your doc and get something prescribed.
    That is part of the problem of why you have to keep filling your stomach..
    Get back on water..make sure you drink it no matter what..no matter what..no matter what..
    flavor it..whatever you have to do..just get it down.. 64 oz a day..VERY important!!
    Then do not Graze..this will kill your weight loss..you are early on still..you can do this..you just got out 85% of your stomach...and you dont want to be done yet!!!
    I have only lost about 25 lbs. since surgery but I have lost inches. I started walking again after I got my gout under control (started the week after surgery and lasted 6 weeks) and I think some of the fat has turned to muscle so I haven't lost as much weight. I have gone from a size 16 pants to a 10 though. You will lose just hang in there Jess.
    sounds like acid burn i had a similar problem so i tried a different tablet to the one the dr prescribed. I went from Somac to Nexium and i found within a week i was great no more problems. Grazing is no good though you need to stop the habit and try having 3 main meals and 2 healthy snacks a day. Water is hard to drink maybe put something in the water like diet cordial or fresh lemons. Slowly is better than not at all.. your doing well
    I too feel the need to eat because of what I was assuming was hunger and am going to talk to the dr about an antacid. Everything everyone said on here makes perfect sense. Worth a try.
    My nutritionist told me to key 80-100 grams of protein in a day. This is a big key factor cause your body can't fight and burn the fat without the protein I m about 2 1/2 mons out I have lost 35 lbs. and boy do I get hungry. So I do a protein shake for breakfast mid morning I have a stick of cheese then about 1 1/2 or so before lunch I drink another shake then lunch and afternoon another healthy snack then late afternoon 3-4 ish I drink another shake. Basically u are consuming something every 2 hrs or so. Eat things high in protein and no carbs. And lil to non on the sugar, hope this helps
    Thank you all for the awesome comments! This helps a lot.. I've started trying to get more water in and I've increased my workouts to an additional day a week. I've also tried to remember to take my omeprazole every day and I did notice the burning/hunger sensation decreased.
    I am now down to 179 lbs from 213 and I'm 7 months out from surgery. I've noticed that my clothes are bigger and actually went out and got some that fit, I even took a picture and updated my after photo.
    I'm getting my protein in and all of my vitamins because I'm able to eat enough healthy food to actually absorb them.
    I'm hoping my inches will keep coming off and I'll keep trying to get up to 64oz of water a day.