Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Keltia98

Maybe its just me... And I appreciate the support... but

Rate this Entry
I don’t know if I am just being overly sensitive or if maybe it is just the people who keep doing it.
While I appreciate the support from other people in this crazy journey I am on. I am finding myself a little annoyed when people tell me how proud they are of me for sticking to my pre-op diet and following through with all of the requirements for my surgery. I want to think they mean well, but I can’t help but hear this little voice in the back of my head that says, “Like I am going through all of this to make you proud?!?!” If it was my father, maybe lol, but its people I work with.
Maybe the lack of fat/sugar is making me crouch lol
I have those friends at work that encourage me and inquire about how I am doing and what new creative way I have come up with to deal with the drastic changes in my diet. And I love them for it. I didn’t necessarily plan on a bunch of people in my office knowing about my surgery just yet, but one of my friends let it slip when we were in a crowd and others overheard it. It’s not a huge deal, they would have figured it out in the next few months anyway lol, but they can keep their opinions to themselves.
While I am on the subject, there is another statement that gets on my nerves. “So once it’s done you are only going to be able to eat like a saltine cracker right?” I mean REALLY? Like the idea isn’t causing me enough anxiety already? lol
I am sure this is not the last time I will get “encouragement” that makes my spine sweat. And I am sure its mostly a case of a people just not knowing what to say. But we have to get it off our chest right? Lol
Thanks for letting me vent J

Submit "Maybe its just me... And I appreciate the support... but" to Digg Submit "Maybe its just me... And I appreciate the support... but" to del.icio.us Submit "Maybe its just me... And I appreciate the support... but" to StumbleUpon Submit "Maybe its just me... And I appreciate the support... but" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes I know what you mean, it could be the lak of food n sugar. Also, its because others dont undertstand it either. It takes time. Yesterday after my surgery, where on the other side, people are lining up for plastic surgery, they are talking about bariatric patients... if I wasnt just operated on, I think I would have faught them. They were just trash talking, like how even, you guys with the fake titties, fake noses, ass, etc... who r u to talk about others, and how a simple diet and exercise plan, will do it. Ignorance, what can you do.
    I understand totally. I wasn't working when I had my surgery but have worked in 3 offices since then and I appreciate (post-surgery remember) how supportive people are. Even a woman in my office who always says oh you can only eat a little. She feels badly that I can't eat more and can't understand how I feel full. I appreciate her concern and I LOVE the fact that I've lost 72 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like to talk about my surgery, what I eat, how my husband is doing since his surgery and because they are supportive, they listen... they don't shut me out.
    Best luck!
    PLEASE YOU THAT'S ALL YOU GOT.
    I totally know what you mean! I decided no to tell anyone for this reason and a host of other reasons. I not only didn't tell coworkers, but I didn't tell any family members or friends either. My 21 year old daughter is the only person that knows and she wouldn't know if she didn't have to drive me home. So yea, I don't have to deal with discussions about this about my surgery for someone else's entertainment. This Is the best decision I could have ever made.