Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jennifermeske

21 weeks out and losing/gaining same 5 pounds

Rate this Entry
I'm 21 weeks out, total loss of 55 pounds but the last two weeks have shown a +5/-2/+1/+2..... Seems like the old habits of drinking wine, eating whatever I want to and less exercise is really beginning to affect my weight loss. Usually a stall has been +1, until it breaks, but up to 5 pounds gained tells me my old habits are creaping in some weight gain and I need to reevaluate myself.

Wondering if other people had to have a real heart to heart with themselves and make permanent changes otherwise this sleeve wont work.

Up until now, drinking wine (1-2 6 oz glasses per night), eating whatever (always min. 60g protein, water and exercise) has been letting me lose, now its not working like that anymore. Gaining now.

Submit "21 weeks out and losing/gaining same 5 pounds" to Digg Submit "21 weeks out and losing/gaining same 5 pounds" to del.icio.us Submit "21 weeks out and losing/gaining same 5 pounds" to StumbleUpon Submit "21 weeks out and losing/gaining same 5 pounds" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Jennifer-
    I am 8 months out and I have been bouncing around the same 10 pounds for the past 3 1/2 months. For me it is all because of my not being careful of what I eat, and drinking while I'm eating. I've been snacking on carbs (chips, crackers, cookies) and drinking flavored water.I too enjoy wine, but not often enough to sabotage my weight loss. I drink a couple of glasses of wine 2 or 3 times a week, then I won't have any for 6-8 weeks. I'm currently trying to focus on high protein meals and drinking water between meals, not with them. I'm on day 4 of the 5-day pouch test. I've done well with this until last night when I ate a bunch of peanuts. (They are high in protein, but also very high in fat, and I ate a good 1/2 cup of them!)
    I constantly tell myself what I should eat and drink, but then before I know it I am dishing up something I shouldn't. It's hard, but I think we need to convince ourselves that those old habits will not work- that's what got us into trouble in the first place. Good luck to you, and congratulations on the weight you have lost!
    Cindy is right. You can't "eat what you want."

You probably don't want to hear this, but I urge you for a full week to use an online food planner / tracker (like www.myfitness pal ) to learn how much and what kind of macronutrients (carbs, protein, fats) you're actually eating. While you're doing this, also measure your food. Eyeballing it usually means you'll under-estimate it. If you can do this, I bet it will be an eye-opener for you.

Good luck!
    I too have been "fooled" into thinking I don't have to count calories, etc., but it's a slippery slope and you're fairly newly sleeved. I would suggest that you take advantage of the "honeymoon" period, and stick to proteins, and listening to all the good advice given to you on this thread. It's always a challenge, but you're posing great questions and seem aware of why you might be feeling like you can do something differently to reach your goal
    I started not tracking things as well too. Since I eat smaller amounts. Well we know that is not good. I ate a small pre portioned piece of sausauge with the kids this morning and 1/4th piece of french toast with sugar free syrup, first day of school so I cooked the kids breakfast, geeze that right there was half my calories for the day! It wasnt even very much food at all. The small piece of sausage was 230 calories by itself. Just realized I should better start tracking seeing that this morning.