debbievintage

16 days to go.....everything in place, except EXERCISE

Rate this Entry
Caffiene - check
Vitamins - check
Meds - check
Support group - check

Exercise???
Why do I feel the need to wash my mouth out with soap?
Why is it a four letter word to me?
Why do I think, that thinking about it and sweating in the heat is the same as actually doing it?

I dread the thought of it. Getting on a treadmill is like killing me softly with short breath and boredom.

I'VE got to break this and not nap everyday and think that my naps are stress relievers when in reality I'm avoiding stress.

Submit "16 days to go.....everything in place, except EXERCISE" to Digg Submit "16 days to go.....everything in place, except EXERCISE" to del.icio.us Submit "16 days to go.....everything in place, except EXERCISE" to StumbleUpon Submit "16 days to go.....everything in place, except EXERCISE" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

lol, you are too funny, thanks you made my day. Maybe split up the exercise into 10 minute intervals. I know my surgeons pre-op says to exercise starting 5 days prior for 30 minutes a day, mainly walking, not sure what is recommended for you. But I have already started exercising, but mainly doing weights for future saggy skin (idk), SAUNA-same as cardio right, lol and treadmill or elliptical. I do know dreaming of exercise is not the same thing as exercise. Do yard work, clean up the garage, do some spring cleaning and take some items to goodwill or something, hm....thinking.... dance with the kids or spouse/partner, swim, during commercials, march in place, jumping jacks, sit ups, etc... up until the show starts back up... hope this helps-you can do it.
    debbievintage, you are funny and I feel that same way. I've never been one to like exercising but I HAVE to change that. I keep thinking that AFTER my sleeve I'll have no choice, that I will HAVE to do all the things I know to do or this tool won't help one bit. I hope I actully follow through with those intentions.
    I'll be rooting for ya... that's a form of exercising isn't it??
    I think many heavy people feel the way you do, but believe me, try it and you'll get hooked. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight, but it will make the weight loss faster and your body look much more toned. Start by walking. Work the length up of your walk slowly, start with whatever you can do even if it's just down your driveway and back, then around the block, etc. Don't make excuses. If it's hot, go really early in the morning. If it's cold, put on more clothes.

If you really don't like to walk, what do you like to do? Swim? Yoga? Dance? Bike? Garden? Work out at the gym? Nature is my drug, so to be outside in my woods running is the best feeling in the world. Put me in a smelly gym on a treadmill, YUCK, I hate it. Find what makes you feel good, it's different for all of us.

Initially my surgeon gave me the canned line that a typical sleeve patient loses 70% of their weight (or whatever, can't remember his exact figure.) But when I met with the psychologist and told him I loved walking, he said I would lose ALL my weight, no problem. He was right, I got to goal easily. After about a year of walking, I used my "baby steps" program to work my way up to running, something I had never done in my life. Now I'm hooked. I've been at goal weight for over a year.

Another little secret that works for me, with exercise you don't have to be "perfect" with what you eat and you won't gain weight. I love to exercise, and I don't love depriving myself, so for me it's the perfect combination. It's much more fun to run than to count every single thing I put in my mouth.