Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Vande

Gallbladder Removal

Rate this Entry
Good morning all,I'm 16months out down 97lbs from surgery...as I sit here noting this down I'm scared out my mind about going under once again my bag,paper work and kids are ready to go...Gallbladder and kidney issues are pretty common after any WLS.
I ask my Surgeaon if it's so common why not take these organs out before the begin to fail? He says you answer your question why take these perfect organs out if that not failing at the time.
I'm like dude these pains are serious not to mention Passing out while in my tub nearly drowning,not cool.But I can understand and respect he's answer as well I did my research to do the VSG I knew maybe one day I will have some kind of issue.
I guess you have to take the Good with The Bad,ok guys keep you posted wish me well!!!

Submit "Gallbladder Removal" to Digg Submit "Gallbladder Removal" to del.icio.us Submit "Gallbladder Removal" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gallbladder Removal" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I got my gallbladder removed in april.. the surgery was nothing felt so much better after....don't worry you will be fine! good luck!
    I had my gallbladder out four weeks after VSG surgery.

No biggie.
    had mine out too..takes a few days .but you will be sooooo much better
    I am 10 moths post op from sleeve and I just had my gallbladder removed this past Wed. I was hospitalized two weeks ago for pancreatitis now gallbladder stopped working completely. I feel like I have been hit by a Mac truck! Lol hope you get to feeling better. My dr told me to really watch fat intake and gave me a list of foods to eat. I just am not hungry since surgery. I eat two spoonfuls of something and that's it. Hope it will get better.
    Has anyone gone through wls and kept their gallbladder? Mine was taken out before the sleeve, but if it is healthy and doing it's job, I would not have it taken out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinandjanet
    I am 10 moths post op from sleeve and I just had my gallbladder removed this past Wed. I was hospitalized two weeks ago for pancreatitis now gallbladder stopped working completely. I feel like I have been hit by a Mac truck! Lol hope you get to feeling better. My dr told me to really watch fat intake and gave me a list of foods to eat. I just am not hungry since surgery. I eat two spoonfuls of something and that's it. Hope it will get better.

I have to say my appetite has been at its low,like if he adjusted my sleeve much smaller...Could be a good thing or bad just don't want to be in any pain of any sort I guess being swollen and backed up I'm just not hungry...Sorry TMI Pain wasn't as bad as having the sleeve I must say. Hope you doing well!
    Thank you all for your well wishes and sharing your gallbladder removal,
    I'm not alone....