Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

RehabNurse

A good Monday...I cannot complain

Rate this Entry
I started exercising a couple of days ago, on Saturday July 25th. I managed to power-walk for approximately one hour at Foster Park and Overton Park. Well, the delayed onset muscle soreness (abbreviated D.O.M.S.) struck me like a baseball bat on Sunday afternoon because it felt as if I was carrying a 50-pound weight on my sore butt every time I walked.

Therefore, I didn't exercise on Sunday. I used Sunday as a rest day, and every healthy exercise regimen should incorporate rest days. Today is Monday and I still woke up with sore muscles in the butt and hamstrings, but decided to push through it for another exercise session. I went to the same place (Foster Park and Overton Park) and followed a similar route.

My hamstring muscles loosened up after about 15 minutes of walk/jog alternating, and my gluteal muscles slightly loosened up after about 45 minutes. Again, I exercised for one hour. I'm still sore, but D.O.M.S. represents a good type of soreness because it is an adaptation that strengthens your muscles for the next anticipated use.

I have to report to work tomorrow night, so I'll get to the park for more exercise if I awaken early enough. If I end up sleeping late, I'll get my exercise time in by using a stair platform that I have here at home to do some rudimentary step aerobics. I'll do whatever it takes to get to my goal weight and live a healthier life.

Submit "A good Monday...I cannot complain" to Digg Submit "A good Monday...I cannot complain" to del.icio.us Submit "A good Monday...I cannot complain" to StumbleUpon Submit "A good Monday...I cannot complain" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

good for you!!
    Good for you! I hope the hives have settled for you!