Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mich-D

NSV: a new job!

Rate this Entry
Hey gang!

Life post-sleeve has been beyond amazing! I have lost track of all of my NSVs along the way. However, I can say I picked up one more...a new job!
Prior to being sleeved, I seldom got second interviews for internal job postings and I often be asked if I could fly. Now, I am 200 lbs lighter , I have been focusing on my brand.

On Wednesday, I landed my dream job! I start the new position within the company as a program manager/instructional designer on 8/3 and will be flying to Denver for a week shortly afterwards. Sure there is something to dressing for the job you want and not the one you have, however being sleeved helped me also change my own attitude that I presented to others. My new brand is seen as energetic, a confident can do attitude, and a pleasant demeanor.

Being able to wear clothes off the rack have truly helped my self-esteem. I am more confident and that exudes far more than the French cuff dress shirts and ties I wear now.

Submit "NSV: a new job!" to Digg Submit "NSV: a new job!" to del.icio.us Submit "NSV: a new job!" to StumbleUpon Submit "NSV: a new job!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

wahoo!
    That has to be the best NSV I've hear so far. Good for you.
    Truly awesome! I hope you love your new job.
    Dwayne, your NSVs continue to blow me away. Your whole story is just amazing. Thanks for sharing yourself with us so sweetly.
    That is wonderful! I am so happy for you! You are so right about the increased confidence! I am changing career fields and would never had the confidence to do it without the weight loss. Congratz!
    Wonderful!
    Congratulations Dwayne! You continue to rock that sleeve.
    Thanks everyone!
    Congratulations!!!!