Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aldugan

Ghrelin Gland vs. PMS

Rate this Entry
Beginning to wonder if the Ghrelin gland was removed. This might be a little TMI, but this is my PMS week and before surgery all I did was eat and then when my period came I didn't want anything to eat…I feel the same way. I was expecting to not feel this way since 85% of my stomach was removed a little over a month ago. I have even craved sugar, which is what I did before…especially chocolate.

This really scares me because I know of a person that works with my mom and she had the surgery a little over a year ago (lap band reversed to sleeve) and she is huge (please forgive me for saying this), but she has not lost anything and eats like there is no tomorrow coming (super value meals at Burger King). I don't mean to sound judgmental, but this really scares me.

Submit "Ghrelin Gland vs. PMS" to Digg Submit "Ghrelin Gland vs. PMS" to del.icio.us Submit "Ghrelin Gland vs. PMS" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ghrelin Gland vs. PMS" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

To give yourself peace of mind, send you surgeon an email and ask point blank if he took it out. Hormones are another subject altogether, I am perimenapause and still go through your situation and once my period starts, gone are the needs for chocolate and sugar. I think 6 weeks after my sleeve I ate a poptart, I wanted sugar really bad. It tasted great on the tongue but after was awful, the sugar hit did not go well for my tummy at all! Dont be afraid, it is a process and menstruation is a part of the process you have to adapt to, which you will. It is pretty evident your sleeve is working perfectly. How your moms coworker stayed huge is beyond my understanding but decide for yourself that wont be you. Protein, water, supplements and excersice, that is going to have to be your life from this second on.
    I kind of have been doing the same thing. I had not had a period pretty much in 8 yrs, and then right after surgery, it awakens. Here's my TMI, it's been "active" for almost 4 weeks. And I've been hungry that whole time. I keep trying to "Just" eat protein, but I've had veggies, and a sneak bite of poptart here and there, and .... unfortunately a few sips of diet coke (my nemesis). And weight 'loss' has been portions of a pound, not more than a pound. i really feel like the 'hunger' is weird, it's not the same, and almost feels upset, so I try to make myself drink some water before I allow to eat, and try sweet low cal yogurts (cake flavors etc) for cravings instead of the greeks.

I know 2 large girls that had the bypass (lap band first) that are on tons of vitamins but can't absorb them and eat like freight trains. i can't believe it either, how in the world can they eat so much with just a tiny pouch???

I've yet to really exercise other than being active with housework; which is another reason why I got the surgery, I work 10 hr days, 2 hr homework, and i want family time, I don't really want to get sweaty for 30min-1hr to take that hr then another to shower/do hair way from my family. (they are tired from the busy day too).

You're doing great, just stick to the rules. I think the people that fail just forget the rules and throw them out.