Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Xraychik81

Post op experience

Rate this Entry
Im a little over 4 weeks post op. I'm learning.. But having a terrible time getting all the water and protein in. I bought $75 worth of protein to go in 2.6 oz bottles and they almost made me vomit as soon as it touched my mouth. I am also having to learn to eat very slow and very small bites.. I'm able to eat practically anything as long as I do that. I've only lost 19 lbs as of today but I guess that's good.. I've also started pretty hard core weight training with a personal trainer 2 nights a week. I've only been 3 times since last Monday. I do throw up immediately if I eat too big of a bite or too fast. Otherwise I'm ok. I also do feel a weird hunger.. More like a burning in the stomach if I haven't eaten enough or in a while. Does anyone else have heartburn? I'm starting to get that pretty intensely once a day.

Submit "Post op experience" to Digg Submit "Post op experience" to del.icio.us Submit "Post op experience" to StumbleUpon Submit "Post op experience" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was told no weight lifting for 8 weeks post op. You can get a hernia from the incision sites. Are you on a proton pump inhibitor? Most of us are for a few moths post op as the new stomach is producing excess acid.
    I was thinking the same thing, too soon to train. Are you still in the purée stage? People post different recipes on this site and you might find something that doesn't make you gag. Towards the end of my purée stage I could only mentally stomach puréed tuna fish salad & turkey chili. It made me feel like I was eating human food. Oh, fat free refried beans too, all a good source of protein. And don't worry about getting 60 grams of protein, some people take longer, I was never able to. My doctor wasn't concerned as long as I at least tried for 20 a day.