Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jeannene

6 months out - frustrated

Rate this Entry
So I am 6 months out. I was constistently losing 2 lbs a week for a few months. Then all of the sudden 3 weeks ago I quit losing. I am not doing anything different, I just must be at a stall. I have never had one last 3 weeks! So 3 weeks without any weight loss has me so depressed. I want to cry. I feel like I am failing. It's hard to keep a positive attitude when the scale stops. I was ok with the first week, and even the second week. But when I weighed this week, I am not ok with it anymore. It really has me upset. What should I do? Just keep doing what I'm doing and it will pass? Or change things up a bit?

Submit "6 months out -  frustrated" to Digg Submit "6 months out -  frustrated" to del.icio.us Submit "6 months out -  frustrated" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 months out -  frustrated" to Google

Tags: stall Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You need to change things up a little. Drink more water, add another 100 - 150 calories. Make sure you are getting fats and carbs along with your proteins. I use a 35% protein 35% carb and 30% fat ratio and it has been working good for me. Good luck
    That's got to be frustrating! There are indeed stalls along the way. Sounds like this is your first major one.

From your ticker, I see you've lost 63 pounds. You're 5-1/4 months post-op. IMHO, that's a very good rate of weight loss, given the weight you started at and given your gender.

So if you're absolutely certain (?) that you're not doing anything different than you did before, you have two choices:

1. Wait it out until the stall breaks and you start losing weight again or ...

2. Do something different.

Your choice.

Here's what I've read people have done "different" to break a stall:

1. Eat fewer carbs.
    2. Eat more carbs.
    3. Eat more calories.
    4. Eat fewer calories.
    5. Exercise more.
    6. Exercise less.
    7. Eat more protein.
    8. Drink more water.
    9. Walk more.
    10. Start taking supplements (if they weren't already doing so before).
    11. Have their thyroid checked to see if it's functioning well.
    12. Have blood tests done to see if they're missing anything.
    13. Talk to their doctors / nutritionists / exercise consultants.
    14. Ask strangers online how they killed a stall (see above).
    15. And, of course, if you're not already doing so, start tracking all your food / water to see how much and what kinds of foods you're eating and drinking -- to learn if your nutrition has changed without your having noticed it.

Seriously ... all of those things have been cited (with certainty and enthusiasm) as the solution to someone's weight loss stall. So, if you want to change things up, try one of those. If that doesn't work, try something else. Or, as I said, wait it out.
    I completed understand I am 7 months out and am in the same situation, the scale does not want to move. This week I tried adding a power dance class at the local ymca 2 times, ate a little more. This morning it was the same to the ounce so don't feel alone. We both just need to power on It will happen Sleeve power
    Tracking your intake can be very helpful! Ann did a nice job summarizing your options. Thete is a free app called My Fitness Pal that is really easy to use. You can add friends and that was really encouraging for me. Definitely important to shake things up!
    there is a condition that kicks in at six months that won't let you lose more, they said in the article i read that increasing exercise is the way to go with it. I ran into that too along with many others, check 6 month stall on utube videos. It messed me up too.
    Speaking strictly for myself, I'm unaware of any "condition that kicks in at six months that won't let you lose more." I haven't suffered from any such "condition."

My exercise levels haven't been more strenuous since Months 1-6. My weight losses in months 7-8-9-10 were:

Month 7 -6.2 pounds
    Month 8 -4.4 pounds
    Month 9 -3.8 pounds
    Month 10 -1.8 pounds

And I'm still losing (slowly) while eating 1600 - 1700 calories / day. I may have to up my calories to 1,800 cals.

Damnit!
    No, no "condition". I just met my goal after 3 years postop, so can personally attest!