Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Meagan

4 weeks, stomach still very picky. X ray pics?

Rate this Entry
I'm almost 4 weeks out. I have had a REALLY hard time with anything other than yogurt, and clear liquids. More so this week. I've tried little bits of things but hours later it just doesn't set well, no matter how blended it is; about 2 hrs later, for the next 6-12 hrs, I feel gross and pain. It kind of feels like 'maybe' it would be 'stuck', but I eat such small bites of blended things, it's hard to believe that's the issue. I feel a bit hungry, but it's a bit nauseous, and I don't 'want' to eat anything. very hard to get down nutrition beyond my gummies. It's odd b/c the first few weeks, I could tell right away when it was too big a bite, now it doesn't seem like I can feel the pain til 2 hrs after eating.
I'm still sticking to ab 3 oz over 30min-1hr.
I hope it resolves soon and I can have more choices.
Does anyone have pics of their stomachs early on, like the one right after surgery? Mine looks..... extremely small.... like a q tip. do most?

Submit "4 weeks, stomach still very picky. X ray pics?" to Digg Submit "4 weeks, stomach still very picky. X ray pics?" to del.icio.us Submit "4 weeks, stomach still very picky. X ray pics?" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 weeks, stomach still very picky. X ray pics?" to Google

Comments

It's possible you have developed a stricture in your new tummy-- a twisting of the tummy that makes it hard for anything unliquid to get through.

Lots of other things could be going on, too.

The only way to tell what's going on is to get scoped or imaged and find out what's going on.

Good luck to you!
    I had surgery with Dr A on 6/4 and I am not experiencing any of this. I hope that it gets better for you. I can only imagine what you are going thru. I agree with Ann2. Please consult a Dr.
    Oh please oh please, don't be anything expensive, I racked up all my credit just with the surgery. Today I feel better, b/c I didn't eat yesterday, just drank water. Guess I'll give it a few days and go easier with food before I panic to the expensive dr.
    Haven't lost anything this week, but that's ok. Still losing inches I see.