Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jaimaroo

almost there

Rate this Entry
Well I sitting in my hotel room ready for surgery tomorrow. I had a great dinner, swam, and just took the tiny pill to calm my nerves. I am mostly nervous because I lied to my parents. I am 38 years old and finally in charge of my own life. I knew my mom would not ever come to terms with Mexico...even though I was well researched. BUT now I feel just awful that I am having surgery in a foreign country tomorrow and my parents have no clue. I might call them afterwards and come clean....or maybe I won't tell them at all because I don't want to hurt their feelings. They think I am having it on July 3 in Seattle.
I will see you on the flip side!

Submit "almost there" to Digg Submit "almost there" to del.icio.us Submit "almost there" to StumbleUpon Submit "almost there" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Best of luck to you. !!! I know what you mean about the parents, I am 43 years old and my parents dont' know where I am going.....my mom would just not be ok with any tupe of surgery for weight loss. However, I have a very supporyive husband. I will be flying to San Diego this Sunday for surgery 6-29-14. So please let us know how everything goes....we will be thinking of you !!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Good luck to you on your new journey.
    Hoping all goes well for you (I know it will). As far as your life, it is yours to live. I too worried about what my dad would say cause he is old school. Now that I have lost over 40 lbs in a little over 3 months, he is my biggest supporter!! At work, I didn't care so I told anyone and everyone...LOL I had a few co-workers who were skeptical and offered a few horror stories to share. I ignored any "advice" that was less than positive and now those co-workers call me Nurse Sexy... So, do not worry about anyone right now and just focus on your recovery. Once people see how happy you are in your new body, they too will join the band wagon.
    I remeber doing the same thing, "You did what???" is what my mom said after I told her the truth. Now she is my biggest supporter and may even have a different view on healthcare in mexico.