Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DonnaGJ

06/05 VSG - 17 days out

Rate this Entry
I am still working 48 hours a week, but, continue to wear an abdominal binder. ...trying to be safe and careful. I am still having difficulty with swallowing small amounts, and getting enough liquids in. Each bite or sip feels like it gets stuck, at least for a few moments with water, longer with mushies. A 1/4 cup is the most I can handle of anything. I have found that I can tolerate a mini bell cheese, if I chew it to the liquid state. I am really tired of trying to eat and not get things stuck.
I finally weighed myself, and have only lost 22lb in 3 weeks, that is including my pre op diet. Frustrating to say the least. On the bright side, I am out of all the 2X clothes, and back into my X-lg stuff. I will be a lot happier to be "only " in the LG stuff. Perhaps in a couple weeks

Submit "06/05 VSG - 17 days out" to Digg Submit "06/05 VSG - 17 days out" to del.icio.us Submit "06/05 VSG - 17 days out" to StumbleUpon Submit "06/05 VSG - 17 days out" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You said: "I ... have only lost 22 pounds in 3 weeks, that is including my pre-op diet. Frustrating to say the least."

LOL! You're frustrated because you've lost over 1 pound per day for the last 3 weeks?

That is an amazing weight loss. Your higher expectations for your rate of weight loss are unrealistic.

To preserve your future sanity, please take a look at the weight loss tickers around here of folks who've lost all their excess weight. (Some people also post their monthly weight losses in their signature blocks, which appear on their forum posts.) Patients who started at higher weights and are younger men are the only ones who lose weight faster than you're losing right now. You are doing amazingly well.

BTW, those feelings of food being "stuck" could be (?) that your surgeon repaired a hiatal hernia during your surgery. If so, that area is probably still a bit swollen and healing.

Truly -- you're doing just great.
    what she said!!
    I am glad to see this post and your reply Ann2, because I am sitting here now trying to eat some protein and i feel as though i just cannot do it. I also had a hiatal hernia repair so that very well may be it.

Thanks again