Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aldugan

Feeling Really Discouraged

Rate this Entry
21 Days Post Op

I weighed today and the scale is still showing 169 lbs. This I did not expect. I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to work. Really Discouraged

Submit "Feeling Really Discouraged" to Digg Submit "Feeling Really Discouraged" to del.icio.us Submit "Feeling Really Discouraged" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feeling Really Discouraged" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I saw on another thread you started that you've lost this much:

"My first week I lost 14 lbs. I weigh on Monday and Friday. From the time I started the liquid diet (Friday, May 31st) till today, I have lost a total of 31 lbs. But, I have expected to have lost more weight by now."

LOL!

EDIT: To be a little clearer, the first month post-op, I lost 10.4 pounds. I reached goal by 8.5 months post-op. You're doing fine. Also, google "three week stall." Almost everyone goes through it.
    Please don't get discouraged if you notice the scale isn't moving. I know some times you might notice your clothes are getting smaller and that is a good sign.... GOOD JOB.
    Thanks for y'all's comments!
    I too have been at the same weight for three weeks. When people would say 3 weeks stall I thought they meant the stall would just start at 3 weeks post op but mine started at 3 weeks post op "and" has continued for about three weeks. So maybe soon the wait will start dropping again. You and I did lose a lot the first couple of weeks so maybe our bodies are just trying to catch up. My clothes this week are not fitting any looser but the first two weeks of no weight loss I was seeing inches lost as well. We can just keep doing what we know we need to do and once our bodies regulate our new diets and all the prior weight loss I'm sure it will restart.
    All things considered, I think you are doing great.