Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

N2DVN

WooHoo!! Finally got 64oz in!

Rate this Entry
For the first time since surgery on Jan 24th, I actually got my 64oz of liquids in today (and then some)!!

Feels like a HUGE accomplishment to me!

Submit "WooHoo!! Finally got 64oz in!" to Digg Submit "WooHoo!! Finally got 64oz in!" to del.icio.us Submit "WooHoo!! Finally got 64oz in!" to StumbleUpon Submit "WooHoo!! Finally got 64oz in!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good for you! I have just gotten it in 3 days and I am a week ahead of you. This week I really feel like I can drink as fast as I want though. Definitely a change! you have motivated me to get in all 64 again tomorrow.
    That's great! I'm almost two months out and the closest I've gotten is 60 so tomorrow I'm gonna really try to catch up with u guys!
    good job!! I get to about 50oz thats it! lol
    @Janet56, you can drink alot faster? how far out are you? I'm dying to know if like 6 months out i can drink water at a steady pace, I always used to chug a big ass glass of water, and now this sipping over 30 minutes is killing me!!!!!!! I dont want to chugg, just.. be able to fill my pouch faster then sipping.
    i am 1 month in and i drink up to 40oz maybe more. n the more you heal the faster you will be able to drink but why drink so fast if u r goin to get full?
    Quote Originally Posted by tori712
    @Janet56, you can drink alot faster? how far out are you? I'm dying to know if like 6 months out i can drink water at a steady pace, I always used to chug a big ass glass of water, and now this sipping over 30 minutes is killing me!!!!!!! I dont want to chugg, just.. be able to fill my pouch faster then sipping.
    I rather drink a lot more quicker, then sip all day,.. Idk its hard to to sip for me, I used to get real thirsty & just drink a whole glass of water, its 2 time comsuming & I'm too forgetful to sip all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by tori712
    I rather drink a lot more quicker, then sip all day,.. Idk its hard to to sip for me, I used to get real thirsty & just drink a whole glass of water, its 2 time comsuming & I'm too forgetful to sip all day.
    That is totally me! It was my biggest concern before surgery because I am a water drinker!! He told me in a month I would be OK but I am 18 days post op and I can chug like 4 gulps and I stop myself, but it feels so nice to down some water. Sipping was driving me crazy. I sip my soup from a spoon no problem, but sipping water was really annoying for some reason. I had a sippy cup for the first 2 weeks to prevent me from chugging and it was both really helpful and annoying.
    I'm having trouble getting in enough liquid. Doesn't it hurt to chug the liquid? I am 2 months out and I'm still having trouble taking my daily meds with water. Is the secret to force the chuging? I miss being able to drink water or whatever drink I had, and just drink it down. Janet, tell me about the sippy cup. I'm almost ready to try whatever works. I need lots of feedback on this one, gang, especially you all that are getting in your 64 oz.
    I cannot imagine chugging at this stage. To get my 64 in, I have to make an effort to sip, sip, sip all day. It's hard to remember to do it. (It's really hard on Sundays, spending almost 3 hrs at church. I cannot drink during the service but, luckily, I can drink during Sunday School.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal
    I'm having trouble getting in enough liquid. Doesn't it hurt to chug the liquid? I am 2 months out and I'm still having trouble taking my daily meds with water. Is the secret to force the chuging? I miss being able to drink water or whatever drink I had, and just drink it down. Janet, tell me about the sippy cup. I'm almost ready to try whatever works. I need lots of feedback on this one, gang, especially you all that are getting in your 64 oz.
    I went to the Walmart baby section and picked up a sippy cup that honestly looks like a specialty coffee cup. I used it because I am a gulper. It did work and stopped the desire or worry about drinking too much. I drink a lot of peppermint tea from Starbucks and I had to have a second cup to spit into my 2 nd week because I would sip sip sip too much from their cup. Gross but i have the habit of drinking too fast.

Now that I am 5 weeks out, I gulp still about 4 times but only on an empty stomach. I feel frequently I am choosing between eating or being able to drink easily.

My latest routine is to eat something soft for breakfast, like yogurt or protein drink, so I can try to get my liquids in mid morning, then I eat two small meals mid day, then I stay off all food and try to get the rest of my water in 3-6 and then I eat chicken meatballs or something more dense for dinner and i can barely drink or take a pill after that. Hope it helps!