Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

teresalee32

No energy, Very Weak.

Rate this Entry
I have NO energy. Ive lost 126 pounds in 8 months so far.
Im not taking vitamins, nor am I eating enough protein, this I know. I have no energy to do anything other than try to get out of my own way.
Can anyone suggest anything different?

Submit "No energy, Very Weak." to Digg Submit "No energy, Very Weak." to del.icio.us Submit "No energy, Very Weak." to StumbleUpon Submit "No energy, Very Weak." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was told that vitamins make a HUGE difference in how you feel! I would definitely take a good multi-vitamin! Congratulations on your success!
    Take your vitamins! Why do you choose to not follow the plan? Get with it! No excuses!
    Are you kidding! You first went on this site almost a year ago, do your homework....
    take the vitamins..now i can swallow the bariatric advantage and they give me so much energy! also you NEED protein!!
    why would you defeat yourself by not taking supplements and getting a min. of 60g protein? You went to the extreme of getting the surgery and the aftercare is just as important, so this is one of those moments in life where you have to pull yourself together and do was is necessary: take your vitamins and get your 60g of protein. No excuses.
    I agree with everyone else. There is a reason that every single doctor and nutritionist instruct us to do the same exact thing: because it is absolutely necessary to our health. We need protein daily for lots of reasons, but a big one is that it helps to repair and restore our muscles. We lose muscle mass through this journey, it's inevitable but by getting enough protein you can do your best to keep that muscle mass up so you have the energy to go about your life. Vitamins are equally important because none of us get everything that we need from food, especially eating such a small quantity. You run the risk of a lot of health issues by not taking your vitamins. For example, I struggle with anemia. I take my vitamins religiously but still am a little anemic (it's hereditary.. all the women in my family battle anemia). Anyway, anemia is where your body doesn't have enough red blood cells to carry oxygen all the places it needs to go. The symptoms are major fatigue, dizziness, feeling extremely weak, sometimes nausea, etc... Besides feeling like crap, long term anemia carries serious health risks because it's so hard on your body. But usually this can be easily fixed when you take a multivitamin with iron in it, and especially when you are taking B-12 and folic acid, too. (in my case I need extra, but I'm the exception, not the norm.) Anyway, my point is that these are just a few examples of why you may be exhausted just from not taking your vitamins and getting enough protein. Regardless if you're anemic or not, obviously this exhaustion is a symptom that your body is lacking what it needs to function properly and the easiest and most straightforward way to fix that is to give it exactly what you already know you need to give it: protein and vitamins. If protein is hard for you to eat, go back to shakes. Or sprinkle unflavored protein powder on oatmeal or something... there are ways to sneak it in that aren't that difficult. And just bite the bullet and swallow those pills. It's not that hard once you get in a routine.

Anyway, good luck. You really need to take care of yourself. It would be a shame to go through all the pain and work of losing all the weight only to have your health deteriorate because you let your body starve of all the nutrients that it needs to survive.
    Since you know what to do but haven't been able to help yourself, try to find some local resources, e.g., psychological counseling with a therapist who works with bariatric patients, enter a residential eating disorder program, see a psychiatrist to explore whether you're suffering from a mood disorder and need immediate treatment for that (?).

If you aren't able to take charge of this, you probably know that you could suffer many worse things than low energy and weakness. You could starve to death and/or have organ failure.

I hope you can turn this around. Ultimately, it is up to you. But you may need help to make it.

Very best wishes to you.
    Vitamins, especially with B12 & other B complex
    will help a lot, as well as PROTEIN!!! There's no way around it,
    you've got to get your protein. Are you drinking enough?
    I tend to get lethargic when dehydrated.
    It took me 6 months to be able to drink water. I am now 9 lbs away from my goal weight and to be completely honest. After a lifetime of yoyo dieting... i really didnt think this could/would work. There is no excuse why I got off my vitamins, other than being lazy. i have started running after my 3 year old... Man is she killing me
    Are you having difficulty with eating? What are your symptoms?