Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ms. Jupiter

Getting so close.

Rate this Entry
Here I am, getting so close to my goal weight.
It feels unreal to me. I have lost a total of 185 pounds. It feels great, and I am in good health.
In 3 more months I will be having my belt lipectomy. I am hoping to be at my goal by then.
All of my Doctors have gave me the green to start my PS journey. I am going to have multiple procedures for different areas at different times.
I am excited, and nervous.The healing process seems really intense. I hope I can handle it.
I would love to get any advice on post OP supplies I should have for this procedure. If anyone has any great suggestions, Please send them my way.

Best wishes to everyone here on their journeys.
Thank you kindly

Submit "Getting so close." to Digg Submit "Getting so close." to del.icio.us Submit "Getting so close." to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting so close." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I haven't had much experience with plastic surgery, other than a tummy tuck several years ago. They take good care of your pain. The hardest part is being able to sleep at night for a while. But it passes.
    Congratulations on all that weight loss!
    Oh, my gosh! What a big deal -- reaching your goal and getting plastics.

Out of curiosity though -- our local plastics guy says we're supposed to wait at least a year (maintaining our weight during that time) before having plastics. What do your plastics folks say about that?
    Thank you Lee6Lee. I am getting very excited. I am planning on not getting a lot of sleep at first. In our house, we do not own a TV. We just do not watch anything. I will be staying with a close friend for a couple weeks and they have a downstairs they use a lot for out of town family and friends. It is like an apartment. There is a big screen down there, and they are already telling my what shows I need to watch, like Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and some others that I never watched. I will probably turn into a couch potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee6Lee
    I haven't had much experience with plastic surgery, other than a tummy tuck several years ago. They take good care of your pain. The hardest part is being able to sleep at night for a while. But it passes.
    Congratulations on all that weight loss!
    Thank you Ann2.
    I had heard the same thing about waiting. But I went to two different plastic surgeons for consults mainly to see what I needed to do and how long I should wait. Both of them said the same thing, with the amount of weight I have lost, and excess skin they can remove now, I would be fine to start now.

I figured they just wanted to get me in. So I talked to my surgeon that did my VGS, and my PPC. They also said I could have the procedures done now. When I asked about losing more weight before my surgery, or if I lose more after, what should I expect.
    The surgeon who is doing the procedures told me that I am so close to my goal weight that it won't make any difference. He would not preform surgeries on anyone who needed to lose more then 10 pounds. He told me by my measurements that he will be able to remove 12-18 pounds of excess.
    That will put me at my goal weight now, but I plan on losing a few more pounds in the next three months.
    After I am finished, I will probably be at the point where I will be maintaining my weight and not trying to lose more.

After I get through the LBL, I am planning on having my breasts ( or my non-breasts done,) and he might do my arms ( I hope ) at the same time. I am planning for January. After the holidays.
    Once that is done I will go back hopefully one last time for my thighs. I guess I will be under construction for awhile.
    I really wanted to do my breasts and LBL at the same time. He said normally with a TT he would do that. But with how much he has to do just on the LBL will take him 6 to 7 hours.Wow!
    He doesn't want to keep me sedated any longer than he has to.
    Plus he said the healing process would go a lot easier if I only had the one area.
    I will have my pre-op two weeks before. I will share more info after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Oh, my gosh! What a big deal -- reaching your goal and getting plastics.

Out of curiosity though -- our local plastics guy says we're supposed to wait at least a year (maintaining our weight during that time) before having plastics. What do your plastics folks say about that?
    How exciting! Congratulations on how far you've come. I can't wait to hear more about your journey through your "construction". Good luck!
    Thank you didishae
    I have feeling I will be on here a lot during my down time. I will keep you posted for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by didishae
    How exciting! Congratulations on how far you've come. I can't wait to hear more about your journey through your "construction". Good luck!