Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

stargazerlily

1st large goal DONE!!!

Rate this Entry
I am almost 2 months post op and I am oh so HAPPY to report that I am now at the same weight I was at 20 years old (I am 43 years young today =0).

At times I wonder if I am eating the right food, chewing slow enough, drinking enough protein, drinking enough water, am I eating too much, am I stretching my perfect little tummy, how much do I weigh...I can go on and on but I am sure everyone can relate to these questions. I will say that I am getting used to all of the compliments and that was not so easy for me. Pre-sleeve food was always on my mind as I was constantly on some sort of diet. Since I was about 13 years old, I have been on a diet. I am starting to get to the point of realizing, that I no longer need to consume my daily thoughts of worrying about food. I basically live my life. If I want a drink, I have a drink but I listen to my body wholeheartedly. If I don't want the drink or don't like it, then I don't drink it. I don't eat bread as I tried a bite of a small bagel and that seemed to get stuck, so I stay away. For lunch I usually eat 1/2 a chicken breast with a little guacamole and little salad. I eat the remaining half for dinner. I take multi-vitamins and vitamin d daily, so I am not vitamin deficient (nor have I ever been). I drink plenty of water daily and I only drink 1 protein drink a day (I am thinking of increasing this to 2).

I can not stress to anyone what the sleeve has done for me. In such a short period of time, I feel like I am getting me back. The 20 year old woman who got lost, has now returned home. I have 1 kidney and I check my blood pressure and blood sugar pretty regularly. As of yet have I needed any medication for my diabetes and my blood pressure is great (I need to be on bp meds to keep my kidney healthy). So for anyone questioning the sleeve surgery, I can not tell you what a blessing it truly is and the gift I have received is greater than anything I have ever been given. There are plenty of horror stories out there but we all need to take our own thoughts, feelings into consideration. The bottom line is, it is up to us to take control of our own lives and assume responsibility for our ways. I know what brought me here and in the end, I did this to save my life cause I know I am worth it.

Submit "1st large goal DONE!!!" to Digg Submit "1st large goal DONE!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "1st large goal DONE!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "1st large goal DONE!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So happy for all your non-scale victories (NSVs) and the return of your health and your happy life. My wishes for a continuing onward and upward life.
    Thank you Ann!!!! This has truly been a blessing for me.
    You look amazing. Good luck with your life with the sleeve
    You look great, congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNotABarbie
    You look amazing. Good luck with your life with the sleeve

Thank you!!! My profile picture is actually an old one (pre-sleeve). I have yet to post a current picture but I will soon. Thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybell
    You look great, congratulations.

Thank you so kindly!!! I want everyone to know how easy it gets & I don't want anyone to be afraid.
    Well just goes to show you, you look amazing no matter what you weigh
    how exciting!! i remember when you were first writing and now you are just getting healthier and healthier..so good for that kidney of yours..congrats!!
    Thank you all very much!!!! There is a lot of negativity out there and people need to really stop and think. I have my moments of weakness but overall, I haven't felt this good in a very long time.
    Awesome! congratulations on your loss to date! Its a wonderful feeling.
    Thank you for posting this. I woke up this morning so afraid. I know I am still a month out from the surgery, but I am scared. I keep thinking that something awful is going to happen to me.
    Keep up the amazing work, and I am going to keep reading what you write....it helps me focus.
    good job younglady
    Yes, love the non scale victories too!!!! I am two months out tmr. Glad I found this post.