3 weeks post surgery update.

Rate this Entry
Hi all.
Three weeks since I had surgery and on the upside:
I'm down 12 pounds since surgery:
Down 78 pounds from highest weight;
Off metformin;
Off one of my high blood pressure meds;
Blood glucose levels in normal range for non diabetics.
Downside:
Pulled abdominal muscles and had to go to ER. And need to wear a truss
Got heartburn for the first time in over 16 years of being on losec.
The pros totally outweigh the con's.

Submit "3 weeks post surgery update." to Digg Submit "3 weeks post surgery update." to del.icio.us Submit "3 weeks post surgery update." to StumbleUpon Submit "3 weeks post surgery update." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats on your progress! I have a question,tho. How do you know you don't need your Metformin or bp medication? I too am 3 weeks post op and have lost 18 pounds. But I still take those meds. I went to Dr last week and my blood pressure was normal,but the Dr certainly didn't tell me to stop my meds! And my blood sugar has been okay,but am supposed to take metformin still. When does one know when meds are no longer needed?
    My endocrinologist said I didn't need to take my meds my bp was 105/60 with both meds and I was getting lightheaded.
    My blood glucose was below normal range and I was getting headaches. So we stopped my metformin.
    Thank you. My blood pressure was higher than that and my blood glucose was still over 110 most mornings. Doctor warned me my diabetes wouldn't go away with a sleeve. Still hoping he was wrong....
    I will always have type ll diabetes but it will be controlled by diet and exercise. My endo called it in remission. But it's great to be off the meds.