Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dhopkins56

Looking for sleevers around the age of 60.

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins56 View Post
Looking forward to having some control. Before surgery did you have a hard time controlling what you ate? I am wanting to binge on carbs. Hard to behave

Submit "Looking for sleevers around the age of 60." to Digg Submit "Looking for sleevers around the age of 60." to del.icio.us Submit "Looking for sleevers around the age of 60." to StumbleUpon Submit "Looking for sleevers around the age of 60." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am 57 and have had the surgery 2 1/2 years ago. And yes I had a hard time controlling what I ate. 1 because I was diabetic and we just craved sugar and carbs.
    I still eat those but in moderation. And when I feel im over doing it I am in control and stop.
    I am 68 and had surgery april 2 and am 6 weeks post surgery and have lost 15 lbs and then went into a expected normal 3 week stall where I lost nothing but inches for last 3 weeks and have not weighed since the middle of the stall. I had the surgery for my health to improve my knees hips and back pain. I have total knee replacements in 2012 but could feel pain starting in hips and back that I wanted to stop and the only way was losing this weight. I also have sleep apnea diabetes and fatty liver that will improve with weight loss and so I am improved compared to 6 weeks ago. I still have fatigue and not a lot of excess energy as yet but i am sure it will come soon. I work on eating correctly and getting protein water and vitamin requirements in daily. I was told to not exercise until after 6 weeks so I only walk around for exercise and will increase soon. since I am older that most having surgery I figured my weight loss will be slower but I have lost inches which I feel is better and I can wear clothes I out grew a few years ago and kept to wear now. medicare covered the cost of the surgery plus my other insurance paid also. I am retired and hope to get back to work part time in the future in between traveling on vacation. feel free to write to me (Karen 5) and I will help if I can resolve your questions.........karen 5
    I am 64 years old and am 3 weeks post surgery. I have lost 18 pounds,but I really feel exhausted d most of the time. I have a lot of trouble getting my fluids in. But my clothes are pretty baggy on me and I really don't feel hungry much. Right now I walk as much as I can but have not started any exercises.
    I am 66 and had the surgery on October 7. I have lost 70 pounds and feel great. I am a big golfer and am walking 18 (hilly) holes at lease twice a week. Like Karen 5 I have had double knee replacements and that alone was a motivator for the surgery. I want these knees to last.
    I had VSG surgery at 68 years old only 9 months ago, and I'm now 69. Like the others who've been sleeved, my experience has been 100% positive. Surprisingly, I did not find that I lost weight any slower than others with my starting BMI (39, nearly 40).

I think you'll find that if you eat more protein (as you have to eat post-op) that you won't crave sugars and other highly processed carbs nearly as much. And as I know you already know, the more you eat highly processed carbs, the more of that crap you crave. The way to kill the cravings is to go cold turkey on 'em. Sorry. You gotta do that.

Best to you!
    I had surgery 6/16/14 and will be 60 this year. I lost about 80 pounds since I was at my top weight and 67 since the surgery.

I still have cravings sometimes but since surgery only have a bite or two and am fine. Before surgery when I had the same cravings would eat and eat and eat...............couldn't get a handle on it! And honestly the cravings a few and far between.

Now I eat a lot more protein and my body has been a pretty happy camper!

Good luck to you!
    Thanks all for the comments. Looking forward to a successful next few months! My