Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julesdeck

One Year Surgiversary.... Already?

Rate this Entry
It just doesn't seem right that a year has already passed. I'm not done yet right? I haven't met my goal weight yet Where did the time go? It feels unreal.

Well here are the answers to those questions. First, no I'm not done yet. This is a life long slow process for me and I need to take one step at a time. Second, correct, I haven't met my goal yet but I'm working hard every day to get there. Third, I'm not quite sure. Maybe it slipped by me while I was healing, dealing with a crap job, moving out of state, dealing with the loss of my father. Who knows? All I know is it will be one year tomorrow since I put on a beautiful hospital gown and started my new life and I don't regret one moment.

Things I am truly grateful for include energy, ability to move without pain, no more plus sizes in fact I bought a medium size dress yesterday (I am in no way a medium by the way), and being able to dance, jog, swim, & ride my horse.

I have lost over 70 lbs and almost my height in inches around my body. I cannot complain. I had no complications and have no sagging skin. I will continue to lose slowly as that is what I have done from the beginning (40 more lbs need to be gone by the way). I took a new job to reconnect with myself and make my health a priority again. I have done some form of exercise or activity every day for the past 10 days and feel better now emotionally. I will succeed!

Stay tuned as this journey is not over.....Be well everyone!

Submit "One Year Surgiversary.... Already?" to Digg Submit "One Year Surgiversary.... Already?" to del.icio.us Submit "One Year Surgiversary.... Already?" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Year Surgiversary.... Already?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You sound wonderful Jules! I can't believe it's a year already, I'm right behind you. That medium dress is stellar!!! Love that we don't have to shop in the plus any longer.
    Jules, you have done a fantastic job. You should be very proud of yourself.
    Enjoy the new you when you are out dancing, jogging, etc..
    You worked very hard to get to this point and deserve every one of those happy moments.
    Congratulations on your surgiversary! Wishing you the best as you continue. It's so great not to buy plus sizes!!!!! I've done the same thing and bought a smaller size too! I was sleeved 7/29/14 and still going. Been stuck, but not giving up by any means.

Enjoy the new you!!! You look great!