Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sheilawillwin

Do YOU eat junk food?

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
I have changed my entire way of eating to "Clean Eating" which means if there are chemicals or preservatives (even "natural flavors" I refuse to eat it) I have had temptation at times and once i realized what was in the foods i thought i wanted to eat I no longer wanted them. This didnt happen for me overnight but over time i realized that if i ate these non-food items i would either get something like dumping syndrome leaving me running for a bathroom or I would get a bad attitude and be a total bitch the following day to everyone (and I felt like crap as well) So for me it was a great way to kick the junk food habits but i still make things from scratch that many would consider junk foods ( cookies cakes things like that ) but because they arent processed i find i have a STOP point i never had with processed foods.
Wow sweetie thats awesome good for you, that took alot of effort and willpower. You go girl lol! Sheila

Submit "Do YOU eat junk food?" to Digg Submit "Do YOU eat junk food?" to del.icio.us Submit "Do YOU eat junk food?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Do YOU eat junk food?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's an interesting point. I'm quite sure they've done testing and know what to add to the food to have you wanting to come back for more! I have to avoid it.
    I totally agree. I stay away from them also Lee, if I don't just want more.
    Recently I have found that things that seem ok are terrible like a product called Vanillin , its a form of MSG but it can be labeled on packages as All Natural. I just took back a bottle of "vanilla" to Costco because the ingredients list says extractives of vanilla bean and alcohol but when you keep reading it says its natural "Vanillin" instead of vanilla. I had noticed the last week i cant stop eating the sweets I was making and usually I could stop after a bite or two but since starting this bottle of vanilla that control is gone. So watch carefully the crap added to foods some is specifically designed to addict us and that addiction can suck trying to break it. For me it has been the hardest addiction to break because this stuff is in so much of what we know as food. But I find knowing that these things are addictive helps me to stay away from them and not desire them
    Yup try avoid the junk food. Once you develope a taste for it (again) its hard to cut out from your new you eating plan. I haven't had fast food in over two years except salad. A celebratory treat is ok but I've found that club/family packs of anything are bad news. I have a small package/bar only rule. I still struggle with will power [sigh] If I have to cheat I go for anything gummy (which are fat free.)
    I'm sitting here eating pretzels dipped in smoked salmon cream cheese, washing it down with a mango twisted tea. So yes, I do eat junk food. But at 17 months out, 100 pounds down and maintaining 10 pounds below goal for 8 months, I'm not too worried about it
    Nope on the junk food and almost a year out. I cook all my foods as much as possible. I made chocolate today with cocoa butter, unsweetened chocolate, and stevia. Melted it on the double boiler and popped into the freezer on parchment paper. It was heavenly! I don't know if that's considered junk food, but it tasted better than anything Hostess makes.

If you want to each junk food, then eat junk food. No one will stop you. It's your body and your choice. Everything in moderation. If you gain back 20lbs, you know where it came from. If you maintain your goal weight, that's great! If your health is fine, that's great too!