Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sally65

2 Weeks post op appointment

Rate this Entry
I had my two week post op today. I lost 13 lbs. Felt like I should have lost more. I know I'm being totally ridiculous. The Dr has now moved me to pureed foods. Not really fun but lots better than only liquid. He says I'm not getting enough calories. Wow. Me not getting enough calories...Lol I'm only taking in about 600 a day. He Saud I should aim for 1200. Not as easy as you'd think. I'm getting in 70/80 grams of protein a day and 80 oz liquid. He told me no matter what I do that I will lose weight over the next 6 months. I now just need to learn how to eat correctly so I don't gain any back after the first 6/8 months.

Submit "2 Weeks post op appointment" to Digg Submit "2 Weeks post op appointment" to del.icio.us Submit "2 Weeks post op appointment" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 Weeks post op appointment" to Google

Comments

Sometimes just reading what everyone says I think that when on a liquid diet you don't loose a lot only because it is water weight and so much liquid soups are loaded with salt and you retain even more water. So maybe when u get on some actual food it will be better. If you like yogurt I found the Greek chinos salted Carmel is awesome.
    That sounds amazing!
    How were you getting in 600 calories? My 2 protein shakes a day yield 260 calories. Everything else I am allowed is sugarfree- sugar free jello,koolaid,lemonade,etc. Where are those extra calories supposed to come from?
    I have an appointment tomorrow to have my dressing removed but it will only be 9 days post op so I am not ready for pureed yet.
    They have me drinking two boost shakes. 240 cal each and two premier shakes 160 each. I can't get them all in so I'm get around 600.
    Whoa! None of my shakes have over 140 calories! That must be some kind of weighgain product? I will ask Dr tomorrow. Thank you!
    It's prebottled. You can find them in walmart and some grocery stores. You set won't gain weight with them but in the early weeks as you are trying to get calories and protein they help.
    Losing a pound a day is really a lot! I wouldn't worry at all... More than that may have negative side effects. I lost just under a pound a day these last 15 days and I can see the weight falling off. Its working!