Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jcee

Slow recovery??

Rate this Entry
Ok....I see posts from people that have gone back to work after ten days, two weeks. I will be three weeks out tomorrow and can't imagine being back to work. I will say that after my surgery I had a problem with excessive bleeding so my red blood cell count went very low, and then three days after discharge I wound up in the ER for 7 hours with a UTI, high fever, and abdominal spasms. But my problem is fatigue. I have NO stamina at all! I try to do something each day to build up my energy, I make sure I get my protein, water and vitamin requirements daily...but still no stamina. Went to the movies this last weekend, first outing since surgery, then came home (5:00) and slept until 9:00 the next morning. I know everyone recovers differently, but has anyone else had this issue??

Submit "Slow recovery??" to Digg Submit "Slow recovery??" to del.icio.us Submit "Slow recovery??" to StumbleUpon Submit "Slow recovery??" to Google

Tags: fatigue, recovery Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Could be from your illness. Also you may need to ask the doc to run a blood test for your hemaglobin but that usually builds itself back slowly.
    He ran more tests, I see him tomorrow.
    Hope I do okay because I get off the plane on Thursday and go back to work on Friday
    The joys of owning your own business and not being able to take time off. It should be the other way around lol
    I felt the exact same up until my first day back which was day 10. I even took a nap on my lunch hour because I was wiped out. Do what you can, when you can and rest. It will work out.
    That's what I mean....get off the plane Thursday, work Friday, back to work day 10. When I went to the movies this weekend I had to rest walking down the hallway to the theater. ��
    I was really tired until I returned to work. I think part of it was I had nothing to do at home. My daughter came to take care of me and did any housework. Other than watching TV, reading and taking the dog out I did nothing. I think part of it was surgery and the other half was just sitting and sleeping.
    i am 8 weeks out and still take naps..i NEED my sleep..so much more than before...i think you are recovering..and your body has been through a lot...
    I am 6 weeks out and need a nap right when I get home from work, and that is without any complications. Rest, rest, rest, your body needs to do some serious healing. Fluids and protein are your best friends, fresh fruit in your protein drinks will help also.
    Talk to your doctor. I think three weeks post-op and still dragging that much is not normal. But I wasn't ill like you were post-op.

And please don't judge yourself by JMiller's plan to return to work the day after flying home from Mexico. Yeah, no ... that's not normal either.

I took two full weeks off of work. And then I worked from home. And, like I said, I didn't have any kind of illness to recover from in addition to the surgery.