Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

pattersonviv

Those fat people

Rate this Entry
Hi All

I didn't realise It has been so long since I posted. Weight loss has slowed down but the scales are still dropping so it is all good.
I don't like to think of myself as a gastric sleeve patient but someone who has had a gastric sleeve but has now recovered - just don't like labels.

Anyway I've been working in a factory and some of the workers are heavy like we all used to be. Others are talking about these people saying that are just fat. If they were not fat they would not be having the physical problems that they do. The diets they are on are just no working so obviously they are not helping themselves.

Couple of things struck me about this conversation. No one has talked to me about moribidly obese people before 'cos I was one of them. Secondly I totally sympathise with the people they are talking about, but these people are at risk of really damaging their bodies if they continue with physical work that stresses their bodies. I have made some comments to try and give a different perspective of obese people but I guess unless you have been there and lived it you just don't get it.
Once again makes me greatful to have had the money to make this surgery happen.

Submit "Those fat people" to Digg Submit "Those fat people" to del.icio.us Submit "Those fat people" to StumbleUpon Submit "Those fat people" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes, we have a lot to be grateful for. And I have a lot of sorrow for really overweight people.
    Yes, so grateful that I had the ability to have my surgery. Though I did put a big part of it on a credit card, it was worth every penny. The judgmental attitudes of society are so hurtful. I see it on these boards too. I guess the only thoughts we can control are our own. I want to be a better person. That is all that I can control. Interesting that since you are not obese any longer that people want to gossip with you about fat coworkers. What a shame.
    It is very uncomfortable to be around people who think that fat folk are fair game, For the most part I can avoid these judgmental types but last summer while I was caring for my friends disabled daughter I was surrounded by this. Nice people but I have lost trust of them. The fattest one is the most judgmental, I see her insecurity.
    I wish more insurance companies would offer bariatric surgery. Mine didn', Thank god my husband came into some inheritance money so I could have mine done. Otherwise I don't think I would be alive now. That's how bad my health was.
    Fat prejudice is still acceptable in this nation. We need to end this. Being severely overweight we all knew how hard it was to lose weight. We can relate to the people that are overweight. I myself am still considered overweight but I don't have many if any saying " Look at that fat woman" anymore.....Or not within ear range.
    Some people think.........well all they have to do is exercise....doh!!.
    Alittle more love and compassion for others would help
    Love is the answer.

I don't know why it takes us so long to understand how simple it really is.

Everybody, be kind.
    I saw a bumper sticker once that said it all. " Mean people s@ck" ��
    Thanks for all your comments.