Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tiredofsitting

Protein Drinks

Rate this Entry
What brand of protein would you recommend? I know there are so many but I know that some are more palatable than others? What and how do you mix them?

Submit "Protein Drinks" to Digg Submit "Protein Drinks" to del.icio.us Submit "Protein Drinks" to StumbleUpon Submit "Protein Drinks" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My favorite is the Atkins prepared shakes, love the milk chocolate. 15 mg protein each. I like the chocolate muscle milk powder, which is mixed with 8 oz of water or milk or any fluid, I guess. Best to use a blender, shaking did not work well. I also tried GNC powders--orange, banana, vanilla--ended up giving them to my daughter. Good luck finding one you like.
    I bought several but I love the unjury Vanilla. Before surgery I liked chocolate but now I like vanilla and choc is too sweet. I love unjury unflavored because I can add it to my soups, pudding and apple sauce.
    My second favorite is the premier protein shakes. They are 30g of protein. Impressive! Vanilla again, but I like them because they are not thick. They are yummy
    I drink the premade Premier protein shakes from Costco or Sams club. I also like the Nectar protein powders from Syntrax. The roadside lemonade is great to mix with my crystal light. I also used the unjury chicken soup protein powder to mix with my soups in the beginning for extra protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by PITSTOP
    I drink the premade Premier protein shakes from Costco or Sams club. I also like the Nectar protein powders from Syntrax. The roadside lemonade is great to mix with my crystal light. I also used the unjury chicken soup protein powder to mix with my soups in the beginning for extra protein.
    is that a brand?
    I was on IsoPure for about 2 years and finally got tired of pretending I liked it. Then a friend recommended IsoFuel Natural you can get it at Total Nutrition. I get the vanilla and add a banana and it taste just like banana pudding. But Quest has protein powder out too. Ive never tried it but I do love their protein bars. Iso Fuel Natural is about 200 calories per 2 scoops and 3 grams of carbs and 50 grams of Protein per 2 scoops.
    I cannot stomach premade, but I love Gold Whey at the GNC. Various flavors, 99% absorption and 24 gram protein per scoop. I add nonfat milk, a fruit serving, sometimes nuts, ice chips and they are wonderful. I usually end of freezing half and having it the next morning. I used to always have coffee first, now it is my protein shake.
    LOVE premier chocolate, I get them at Bj's but also have a monthly delivery from Amazon
    I use body fortress at walmart for $22 in chocolate mixed with water 1 scoup 25 g protein zero carbs . . .tastes like hot chocolate mix. I also use vanilla cream isopure powder $40+ mixes well and tolerable. I also have an unflavored to mix with food
    premier protein hands down..and 30 grams of protein!!
    I used carnation instant breakfast chocolate flavored it was like living on Wendy's frosty s for the first two weeks. It was on my surgeons list of protein powders i could use so when i tried it and it was good i was stuck on that one.
    I still have 14 bottles of IsoPure cause I can't stomach the taste. I love the premier protein shakes. I have vanilla, chocolate & strawberry cream. I am not a fan of the strawberry cause of the sweetness but I wanted to try it.
    Thanks all, adding all the suggestions to my journal that I have begun keeping for the future.
    just a note..remember that your taste buds can radically change after surgery..so dont load up on too much beforehand..