Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Nancy23

Can't stomach cold water

Rate this Entry
I'm Day 5 post op and can't drink cold water. It's painful when it hits the stomach. I know how important water is to our very being in addition to the weightloss so I drink hot water. It is so soothing and I'm still getting in plain water. If you're having trouble you may want to try it.

Submit "Can't stomach cold water" to Digg Submit "Can't stomach cold water" to del.icio.us Submit "Can't stomach cold water" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can't stomach cold water" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yep, I remember the first couple of weeks I lived on strained egg drop soup. It was warm and felt good going down. Now I can drink anything, it gets better!
    I was the same way. And the smell of food all smelt the same AWEFUL. But it gets better trust me.
    We are all so unique, I can still only drink water with ice. Right after surg I was sucking on ice pops all day. Moral of this blog....do what works for you.
    I would love ice chips but you're right I'm doing me.
    I haven't been able to "stomach" cold or warm water for that matter since surgery. It hurts like a you know what! I drink 0 calorie sports drinks and they sit fine. I heard (haven't verified its accuracy though) that water has a high surface tension and when you add something to it that surface tension is changed. IDK. Just so long as you get fluid without extra calories you should be fine. I haven't had plain old water for almost a year and I and still alive. Just so you know I miss it. There is nothing better that a cold glass of water. MMMM
    I'm not a fan of cold drinks, my mother in law said very cold temps are no good for your stomach and that you should always drink room temperature and I do to this day.