Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aboutime4me

Almost 3 years post op and back to basics after weight regain

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone, I will be celebrating 3 yrs post op this May 1st. My sleeve has been thee greatest thing in my life. I haven't been here in quite some time and am "turning myself in" to the group for accountability and mutual support.

None of us can do this alone and for me I know it is something I will have to work with for the rest of my life. The sleeve does not miraculously give us weight loss that will last. The sleeve does not get rid of our emotional response to outside lilfe situations and stress. The sleeve does not bring us a miracle mental change in attitudes and habits...
BUT...what the sleeve does is give us the tool to make all this possible that I just mentioned.

I am feeling and looking good and lilfe itself is very blessed. I am, however struggling with my own mental attitudes and habits at the moment. I have let old habits slip in, am snacking and have let my nemesis "SWEETS" and "CARBS" become part of my diet with more than a taste here and there.

So, I have regained weight. On the bright side however, I will say with 3 yrs post op my weight regain is very minimal compared to the 95 lbs I lost initially. Normally I would have regained 95 lbs plus....as you all know it is so very easy to do.

I have regained 15 lbs and am now going back to basics and have added exercise back into my life along with writing my food diary each day. I'm just tracking basic calories, proteins and fluids in ounces I'm consuming. I've never really taken in the amount of water or liquids I'm supposed to each day, not because I can't but that I never really liked water much. Now, I'm working with that too.

So, long story short...I'm basically still in my size 12 clothes but have had to, with the weight gain buy a few size 14 pants/capris because I carry my weight in the lower half of my body. This does not make me happy and I'm trying to not let it get me down.

I'm working with myself each day...some days are better than others but here I am...this is me...and I love me for better or worse.

I look forward to reconnecting with everyone, reading your own experiences and moving on from here.
Thanks for reading and being there. We need one another, always!

Submit "Almost 3 years post op and back to basics after weight regain" to Digg Submit "Almost 3 years post op and back to basics after weight regain" to del.icio.us Submit "Almost 3 years post op and back to basics after weight regain" to StumbleUpon Submit "Almost 3 years post op and back to basics after weight regain" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great to hear from you and thanks for sharing your struggles keeps it real. Well put and so wise to go back to basics, you will be back to goal in no time.
    I just had my three year anniv. and it is so wonderful finally to have lost the weight and not gained it and it's cousins back. Cheers Joanne
    Congrats to you and your successful 3-year anniversary! And I wanted to thank you for coming to a realization I want to make myself a date. Whether it's for a long weekend getaway, or a spa vacation or a cruise(can't afford the above, but that's okay). I can have a Renewal !! To practice what it was like to be new again! Recording my food intake, review my vitamins, any meds, iron, etc., check the water necessary to live everyday, to begin with PROTEIN and eat Slowly at every meal, and take a new look at my exercise habits. Oh, and to take a moment to the awesome of who and how I am today! My 3-year Renewal is on the books for 2016, so maybe I will do a mini version to do this for myself this August! After all, I still remember my milestone moments like they were yesterday
    You are one special person to share is with all of us old Timers!
    Thank you for sharing this.
    I am fully confident that you are in control and will lose those few pounds you regained.

Congratulations on your weightloss success these last 3 years.
    Congrats on not letting this get to far away from you! Keep up the good work!
    What's important about your post, is people can realize this is a never ending journey, full of highs and lows. You still have to do the work despite the sleeve, it's just a tool. Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing.