Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AlphaLion

Questions ...9 days post op

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by AlphaLion View Post
tin man are you saying that soda a forbidden drink is ok
I love to drink water will the restriction of the sleeve cause me to dehydrate
I am pre-diabetic sometimes there is need for a sugar rush will this not crash the diet

Submit "Questions ...9 days post op" to Digg Submit "Questions ...9 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "Questions ...9 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Questions ...9 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

if you sip on it every ten minutes or so you should be ok if you need a sugar rush drink some coffee with sugar in it instead of an artificial sweetner i was told not to touch soda at all for one it is empty calories and for two the carbination can cause your sleeve to stretch so i would not drink soda
    My surgeon and nutritionist were very specific about not drinking soda after the sleeve. There are other options for hydration than water, such as powerade zero, crystal light, decaf tea, etc.. and other options to help get a little sugar if you need it than soda, like juice or even a little sugar in some decaf tea, for instance.

Soda is bad for you all around. Yes, the carbonation stretches your stomach and the amount of calories each ones contains is astronomical...they are bad for your teeth, your bones, your overall health. I would avoid it at all cost.

Remember: while advice on this site can be useful don't ever go against your doctors instructions because of something someone said on here. Different things work for different people and yes, I know there are some people that can get away with eating (and drinking) in ways a lot of us can't, but seriously, your doctor and nutritionists advice come first.