Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

nickaj2815

Compression garments

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by nickaj2815 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has used compression Garments or any body shapers during their weight loss to help combat loose skin. If so did it work?This was a topic that came up during one of me and my friend's discussions. I thought it was an interesting premise so I thought I would check with all you wonderful folks on the forum to see if anyone else has tried it and if it worked. She is about 7 months post op. She looks great and swears that the shapers are helping her body tone and avoid saggy skin...but I think its just her genetics.
I know that right now the latest fad is waist training with extremely tight shaper's and corsets. She sent me a picture of the first one she was using you can see it attached (hopefully it will show). She said that she used this one for about 2 months all day everyday.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-3-2015 9-25-56 AM.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	24199
This is the initial one she used starting about a month or 2 following her surgery.

Submit "Compression garments" to Digg Submit "Compression garments" to del.icio.us Submit "Compression garments" to StumbleUpon Submit "Compression garments" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

following...I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
    I am 9 months out, and have been using some form of compression garments 2 weeks post surgery. Of course in the beginning I use very lightweight garments, but as time past and I felt my stomach was healed enough I then began to wear more firm garment compression. I feel that it gives me a better look in clothes as well as help with the weight loss process. I have a flatter stomach without alot of loose skin, and I believe it is from the compression garments. I actually have 3 of the styles that you have in your picture and was able to get them from a thrift store for $2.99 each versus $109.00 that I would have to pay online. Hopefully this helps!
    anyone else had any successes?
    Quote Originally Posted by williams3234
    I am 9 months out, and have been using some form of compression garments 2 weeks post surgery. Of course in the beginning I use very lightweight garments, but as time past and I felt my stomach was healed enough I then began to wear more firm garment compression. I feel that it gives me a better look in clothes as well as help with the weight loss process. I have a flatter stomach without alot of loose skin, and I believe it is from the compression garments. I actually have 3 of the styles that you have in your picture and was able to get them from a thrift store for $2.99 each versus $109.00 that I would have to pay online. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks it really does help. I am trying to get some ideas for after my surgery. I wasn't sure if this would really work or not, since I only have 1 (now 2) sources that said it worked for them.
    Yes. I've worn compression garments since about 1 week post op. I wear the full body suits to sleep in. Now that's it's warm I wear a sleeveless suit under my clothes during the day. I have almost no loose skin. I'm 4.5 months out and down around 56-57 lbs. The suits aren't cheap, but i feel they do help me.
    I wear spanks and also i tried the waist training and shappers. I do feel that they help alot. I carry majority of my weight in my butt and thighs but i do also have a little stomach. I feel like the shappers are really helping my stomach area tone and shirk with my drastic weight loss. I'm 10 months post op and i'm down 115 lbs. So yes try one and you will see the difference.
    Wow congrats on the weight loss and thanks so much for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by lavishcorpchic
    I wear spanks and also i tried the waist training and shappers. I do feel that they help alot. I carry majority of my weight in my butt and thighs but i do also have a little stomach. I feel like the shappers are really helping my stomach area tone and shirk with my drastic weight loss. I'm 10 months post op and i'm down 115 lbs. So yes try one and you will see the difference.
    You ladies are really putting in the work....Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjbmommy
    Yes. I've worn compression garments since about 1 week post op. I wear the full body suits to sleep in. Now that's it's warm I wear a sleeveless suit under my clothes during the day. I have almost no loose skin. I'm 4.5 months out and down around 56-57 lbs. The suits aren't cheap, but i feel they do help me.
    Appears that a some folks are using them and saying it works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by CMG214
    following...I'd like to know the answer to this as well.