Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

liveherenow

I Dreamed I had my surgery ...

Rate this Entry
I think this dream was a little funny so I thought I would share it. I will try to be concise.

I do not have a surgery date yet but it has been on my mind. Worries have been surfacing in my waking hours so it is not surprising these worries are affecting my dreams. I am sure we have all experienced this to some degree.

I dreamed I was being put under anesthesia and went to sleep. However, shortly after the surgery began I "woke up" as my surgeon had to convert from lap to open surgery (a fear of mine). After taking in my surroundings upon waking, I asked what was wrong. The nurse looked surprised to see me sitting upright and talking. The surgeon didn't seem stunned though and proceeded to say my liver was dancing, which required converting to open surgery (I have a fear of my liver being to big and fatty; thus being difficult to maneuver around laporoscopically).

I looked down and saw the huge open incision and lo and behold my liver WAS indeed dancing. I jumped off the operating table and exclaimed, "How could this happen? I followed the pre-op diet to the T." He helped me get back on the operating table and assured me that a "dancing liver" is quite expected sometimes. He told me not to worry.

I laid back down and listened as the anesthesiologist put a mask over my face to help me go back under. Then, I guess the anesthesiologist, surgeon, and nurse thought I was completely under because they kept talking about my liver being a contestant on Dancing With the Stars. (I have a fear of not going completely under anesthesia and being awake during the procedure).

I then became scared in my dream and promptly woke up in real life. Obviously, some of my fears of surgery were present in the dream ... But a dancing liver! Lmao I found that hilarious as well as it being a contestant on Dancing With the Stars. Even though my fear reered their ugly little heads in the dream, it made me relax some about actually having the surgery.

Anyway, that's my dream. I just thought it was a bit funny so I shared with y'all.

Submit "I Dreamed I had my surgery ..." to Digg Submit "I Dreamed I had my surgery ..." to del.icio.us Submit "I Dreamed I had my surgery ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "I Dreamed I had my surgery ..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This a forum first....very funny!
    well after you have your surgery..you and your liver will be dancing!!
    LOL! Funny!
    A dancing liver is a happy liver!