Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

meme_mayham

I guess i had a food funeral lol

Rate this Entry
my family had our Easter Feast today, turkey, mashed, gravy, everything, and i ate a full plate, and a slice of apple crumble pie, my surgery date is April 30th, and i start full force tomorrow. that is it, no more, and im sooooo grouchy right now, is that normal, like abnormally grouchy, has anyone gotten so grouchy after a food funeral that they might as well have horns growing out of their skull? yah, its that bad. i know it will pass...and i took a quick break, and its passed, but wow, im starting this tomorrow, theres no way my family will survive if i go cold turkey on the 15th, ease out of it, start my shakes and lowcal, sugar free meals/jello tomorrow.

question, why does coffee have to go?
can i still have tea?
i can survive it all, if i can have a nice hot cup of tea
but if not, oh well, no more tea,
can i eventually go back to tea?
or is it gone for ever?

Submit "I guess i had a food funeral lol" to Digg Submit "I guess i had a food funeral lol" to del.icio.us Submit "I guess i had a food funeral lol" to StumbleUpon Submit "I guess i had a food funeral lol" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Onward and downward.

Re caffeinated beverages ... surgeons' advice to their patients vary quite a bit. My surgeon (10 days post-op) said, "Sure, you can have a cup of coffee." And ever since then I've drunk half a cup to a full cup of coffee daily.

However, I do have a much smaller stomach with a lot less surface area. So I want to manage the amount of acidic food/liquids I swallow. Same goes for wine, which is also acidic. After all, I'm also taking anti-acid Rx to reduce my tummy acid.

Common sense really does apply on this topic.

One other thing -- right now you're understandably a little over-focused on deprivation -- what WON'T you be able to eat, drink, do. As you're approaching surgery there's so much potential joy and pleasure in focusing, instead, on what you WILL be able to do, eat, drink and how your life will improve. You simply have to trust that in the coming months and year your life is going to improve immeasurably.

I lied ... one more thing. A lot of people newly sleeved patients post here some version of this complaint: "Please tell me it won't always be this way / this bad!" And the response to that complaint is this: "No, of course it won't. You've just had major surgery and you're recovering from that. So take it a day, a week, a month at a time. It's going to change all the time and continuously improve. Pull up your big-girl panties. Buck up. "
    P.S. And try not to be mean to your family members. They're the best support group you'll ever have. After all, they're not making you have this surgery. This was your decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    P.S. And try not to be mean to your family members. They're the best support group you'll ever have. After all, they're not making you have this surgery. This was your decision.
    Yeah, just vent at Ann or me instead.
    ^^^ LOL! That'll work.
    I was grouchy in my waiting period because quite frankly I was fed up with being fat, so impatience was kicking in. Fear is there also, you'd be a fool not to fear surgery, so we all display it one way or another. I am exactly 14 days from my sleeve and loving my weightloss. 15 pounds this morning, and already in my work clothes that I have not been able to fit in comofrtably (felt like a stuffed sausage in my pants). Everyday gets better and better, including my choices of food. A great app is lose it, tracks everything and is free. Good luck, your gonna do great.
    you really will be fine. prior to surgery i drank black tea every morning with half and half, now i don't drink tea at all. All i ever want is water. If you would of told me that before, i would of called you a damn liar!! haha..it will all go back to "NORMAL" be patient. and I had a food funeral too!!but mine lasted 2 weeks..hahaha
    LOL - I'm on my 10th day of pre-op diet - I have done excellent and really haven't missed anything but in the past day or so I find myself wondering into the kitchen every now and again. It takes me a few minutes to realize that there isn't one damn thing in that kitchen that I can have so I might as well MOVE ALONG! My husband and I were off work today so I got up and made him and my mom biscuits, prosciutto, avocado and poached eggs....just to be nice....I wanted some sooooo bad - but I just MOVED ALONG into another room and drank my protein shake....only 4 more days....only 4 more days....
    I am grouchy too.... I am in the 2 week liquid preOp diet right now. So I guess it's just part of the process. I am. It being mean just a little more grumpy. I also had a good funeral or two. I don't regret the food funerals like other did. I am glad I got it all out of my system so I wouldn't feel even more deprived. The liquid diet has been super doable. I guess the determination and excitement is setting in. I will say that the one thing that has literally saved me is PB2. If you haven't heard of it it's powdered peanut butter in the peanut butter section. Just a few sprinkles on my tongue or a few tablespoons in a vanilla shake is AMAZING.... well if you like peanut butter. It breaks up,the constant protein shakes and liquid. I also can have 1 cup of tea or coffee per day. I can also have tea with caffeine but they really want me to get off the caffeine asap as it depletes your water and you need to be super hydrated before surgery to prevent dehydration.
    I love the description "Food Funeral"!!!! I had a very long lasting food funeral. I bet for the first 2 1/2 months I was ticked off I couldn't eat everything I wanted. I know that sounds like an awfully long time but, seriously, I didn't know it was coming and depression set in. It was very hard for me to realize I was so addicted to food. Good thing I had my sleeve or I would have been 320 instead of 220 in no time at all!! Best of luck to all of us who found out who we really were when it comes to eating - I was very, very surprised at myself.